Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2700 Applications:292 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Vice President - Information Technology - Mutual Funds (15-20 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed asset management company, to identify a Vice President - Information Technology. The position is based at Mumbai.
- Manage the overall technology operations of the company and ensure its effective functioning within the given budget and time limits.
- To develop a full understanding of the IT requirements of the organization and implement infrastructure solutions that meet IT service and strategic objectives.
- To manage security and disaster recovery in relation to IT infrastructure, Information security and Application Development including the documentation, communication and implementation of related policies and procedures.
- Planning and implementation short- and long-term strategies, tactics, work plans and projects that provide for the orderly and cost-effective development, installation and operation of information systems, computer and communication technologies.
- Responsible for leadership and management of the Information Technology Division.
- Develop, propose, implement and monitor the approved IT strategic plan and effective IT infrastructure policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and operational plans for control, management, and improvement of IT capabilities.
- Identify business requirements and develop budgets for IT division for the year. Track and monitor the budgets and ensure optimum budget utilization.
- Monitor the security of company data and systems.
- Assure the integrity and reliability of computerized information systems and communications systems.
- To develop procedures for control of business systems and to provide systems and data backup, recovery and risk management support.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements from an IT perspective.
- Manage and direct IT services that provide feasibility studies, systems analysis and construction, implementation, testing, documentation, operation and evaluation of information, communications.
- Recommend and implement changes or enhancements in data processing, communication, or office systems and equipment so that expenses are minimized while ensuring reliable and timely services and productivity are maintained.
- Prepare an annual information systems budget and establish controls to stay within the specified limits of that budget.
- Plan and implement education and professional development program for IT personnel to develop their skills and future potential, and maintain a high level of knowledge in information/computer system technology.
- Establish IT policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing to ensure the integrity and reliability of information, communications, and office systems.
- Identify, negotiate and procure all equipment required to meet the IT needs of the company.
- Identify the technology needs of all departments, implement and provide technology solutions and support required.
- Evaluation of various IT investment opportunities.
- Responsible for development of business continuation plans for use in the event of power outage, weather catastrophes, hardware failures and/ or other disasters and disruptions to the company's information systems and services.
- Good knowledge of the IT function.
- To be open to technology evolution's.
- Good understanding and exposure to information security.
- Excellent management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure & a professional demeanor.
- Should be able to work in a team and support other team members
- Solution oriented.
Candidate should have a degree in B. E / Computer Science or IT with 15-20 years of relevant experience in an Asset Management Company. Experience in Mutual Fund Industry and Financial Services is necessary.
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please apply with a recent photograph and resume in word format
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.