Senior Team Lead at Pylon Management Consulting
Views:2040 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Vice President - Information Technology - Banking (10-13 yrs)
Core activities associated with the position include, but not limited to, the following:
- Gathering Business Requirements and/or user stories directly from business users and key stakeholders
- Lead implementation and production support activities
- Coordinate and plan all phases of the testing lifecycle activities: test script/case development, test execution for production assurance testing and end user acceptance testing and provide post implementation Support
- Drives a strong risk and control culture; ensuring timely compliance with quarterly attestations, and employee entitlement review cycles.
- Manage Defect process, report, analyze, and escalate problems and issues
- Strong functional and technical knowledge Project Management Methodologies, Presentation/Reporting tools, data and databases to support business needs.
- Ability to quickly understand, design and document complex business processes
- Architect complex solutions, manage development, collaborate with testing teams
- Complex calculations in Excel, Access with a good understanding of views and/or stored procedures in SQL
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions
- Analyzing and documenting different system flows, process flows and work flow
- Support technology to enable integrated reporting of the Risk landscape.
- Ensures essential departmental procedures are established and followed; Contributes to defining standards to existing processes and/or new projects.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills. Exhibit strong communications and interpersonal skills with senior leaders, technology, operations, and end user groups, specifically during situations with conflict.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse and global group of business and technical personnel and ensure rapid resolution to Production issues or Project deliverables.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple requests in a deadline-driven environment.
- Responsible for projects and business as usual Production activities for individual and team assignments.
- Represent business leadership to coordinate and facilitate Third Party Risk Management activities
- Complete or provide advise to BAO on the Risk Assessment for third party and reevaluate as required; identify any significant changes in relationship to trigger update of Risk Assessment
- Verify third party's compliance to required policies and controls
- Partner with business operations, technology teams and internal functions to conduct on-site visits of third party, as required
- Maintains and update Exit Strategy Plans as required; when the exit strategy poses significant risk, work with business contacts to establish appropriate risk mitigation activities to minimize risk
- Interact with third parties on escalations of non-performance and contractual issues to drive resolution when appropriate
- Monitor and evidence third party performance and SLs through Peformance Management Assessment (PMA) process
- Verify that Third Party contracts (e.g. Statements of Work) are properly executed and uploaded in Contract Management System (eSourcing), working with the Enterprise Supply Chain (ESC) organization if re-negotiations are required
- In conjunction with the business and operations teams, review, prioritize, assess and act on results of TPRM assessments/controls with the proper support from various internal functions (e.g., IS, CoB, DPO, Export, Credit Risk, Country Risk, Financial Evaluations)
- Facilitate remediation of issues or gaps identified as part of ongoing monitoring
- Define risk mitigation strategies and risk exceptions based on the business- risk appetite
- As appropriate, interact with larger TPO community and/or ESC category leads for sharing of best practices and coordination of services
- Liaise with the ESC Third Party Utility, as necessary, to review and respond to the results of third party risk management activities conducted centrally by the Utility
- Serve as point of contact to ensure that third party's remediation of audit or exam issues is sufficient, and escalate as necessary
- At the discretion of the business, the TPO may be assigned to monitor relationships rated tiers 4 and/or 5 that are related to the same supplier or similar activities as other assigned relationships
Req Qualifications :
Minimum of 10 to 15 years of Information Technology experience in a large enterprise environment
Minimum: BS/BA degree. Preferred: MA/M.Sc./MBA degree
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience with managing Agile projects and teams required or PMI certification and/or global program experience preferred.
- Leadership capabilities, with strong lead by example experience and ability to highly motivate a global team.
- Preferred Candidate has 8-10 years of relevant experience in, strategic sourcing/procurement, vendor management risk management and/or regulatory compliance in one or more of the following risk disciplines: technology risk, business continuity, operational risk, supplier risk, or audit and controls. Broad knowledge of other risk areas, with strong understanding of supplier or third-party risk impact in a financial services company is a plus
- Experience in business or operational analysis required
- Proactive and results driven with a strong sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of MS Project. Highly proficient on MS Office products; advanced Excel features; strong Visio and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; very strong influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills across multiple countries, cultures and regions required
- Track record of interfacing with and presenting results to Senior Management
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a complex environment with multi-location team structure
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate complex and sensitive issues to management. Local language requirements as applicable.
- Experience in strategic sourcing/procurement and interacting with suppliers- management teams with the ability to exercise sound, timely and independent judgment.
- Demonstrates understanding of operational capabilities of suppliers across applicable business types
- Candidate has some exposure to regional / sector risk management teams and a high level understanding of the interactions between those teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deliverables while working with minimal supervision in a large, global corporate environment