Vice President - Human Resource - IT/ITeS (10-25 yrs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic global human resource plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative best practices and policies that will service the full range of HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Through a deep understanding of the organization act as a strategic partner to all members of the Executive Team, especially the CEO, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues and participate fully in all strategic deliberations.
- Optimize the global HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity and inclusion.
- Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and retaining high-potential talent throughout the world. Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount.
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating compensation and benefit plans, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of client.
- Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are completed on a regular basis.
- Guide the HR team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Engagement, Benefits, Rewards, Policy, and Compliance.
- Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws and mitigate organizational risks.
Culture and Development
- Develop relationships with the employees of client and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups, cultures, and newly acquired assets.
- Coach and counsel [Senior Management Team or Leadership Team] in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement.
- Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management.
- Model core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the community around the world.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Performance Coaching - Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
- Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Impact & Influence - Pursues and wins support for ideas; displays ability to influence key decision-makers; achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; addresses divergent opinions.
- Recruitment & Staffing - Utilizes recruitment sources; exhibits sound interviewing skills; presents positive, realistic view of the organization; analyzes and forecasts staffing needs; makes quality hiring decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred. Certifications in HR helpful (SPHR, GPHR). 10+ years of relevant business experience ideal with 2-3 year leading an HR function.
- At least 3 years- experience managing people and teams of various sizes in dispersed locations, preferably in global regions demonstrating a strong cultural awareness.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business topics in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results-oriented.
- Passionate about the mission of my client, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.