Principal Consultant at Vitasta Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:527 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President/Head - Legal - BFSI (12-15 yrs)
Position Title : VP - Legal (Head of Dept)
Location : Mumbai
Reporting: Chief Financial Officer
Overall in charge of the Legal Affairs Division and provide guidance, directions, assistance in execution of functions assigned to the Team Members of Legal Division.
- To supervise the overall functioning of the Legal Department
- To Advise the Management on all issues including corporate governance, Compliance, Risk Management, PMLA, Technology, New Business and Ventures.
- To handle commercial and other negotiations with the members, regulatory bodies, government relationships etc. as necessary.
- To implement and monitor the company's legal policies and procedures to assure that there are adequate controls to protect the company's interests
- To review all the policy documents, agreements, commercial understanding contracts, product notes, correspondence to regulatory and statutory bodies. etc. from the Legal, Compliance and Commercial perspective.
- To effectively employ and coordinate external legal services on legal advice, issues and projects to meet the company objectives
- To oversee proper preparation and review of documentation or representations to be presented to government bodies (Ministry of Finance or SEBI), related to the Exchange business and operations
- To oversee legal work related to claims brought forth by or against the Exchange including representing the company's interests in court, arbitration and with other organizations or bodies
- To represent the Legal Department in all meetings where Legal is invited.
- To monitor new government decisions and laws and to advise top management of current status of government decisions, and potential impact and opportunities
Educational Qualification :
Post Graduate in Law from Premier Institute with Specialization in Securities Law and knowledge of Companies Act and other related legislations.
At least 12-15 years of relevant experience in legal practice/ Legal work or handling Litigation Matters in a Law firm of repute or in a Banking or NBFC or CPSU, Govt Departments etc. Handling all types of Litigation matters with sound interpreting and Drafting Skill. Working experience with Regulatory and Statutory Authorities.
Skills and Knowledge required :
- Strong working knowledge of Securities Laws.
- Knowledge on Corporate Laws
- Ability to network within the legal community
- Knowledge of functioning and business of Exchange
- Legal writing skills
- Well versed the procedures of Civil and Criminal Court
- Working Knowledge of key financial Sector laws, Food Laws and other related laws which has a bearing on Exchange Business.
Competencies (Behavioural Skills) required:
- Building Effective Team
- Managing Change
- Managing Innovation
- Building Strategic Capabilities
- Managing People Performance
- Networking and Stake Holder Management
- Timely Decision Making
- Withstanding Pressure
- Knowledge Sharing
- Ability in team building
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on critical matters
- Training Identification
- High level of integrity and honesty with a commitment to achieve corporate objectives
- Take responsibility and lead in all critical matters.
- To groom and train the team members