Co-Founder & Business Head at Peopleton Solutions
Views:1783 Applications:158 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Vice President/Head - Finance - Banking (15-18 yrs)
Vice President / Head of Finance in Banking vertical
- Responsible to build the entire vertical & process for Finance domain from scratch.
- Present Finance and Accounting performance to the Board and optimize the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Improve working capital efficiency and play a pivotal role in value creation and wealth creation.
- Managing the timely preparation and presentation of statutory books of accounts, financial statements and annual reports, ensuring conformance to regulatory accounting standards.
- Ensuring timely filing of returns such as TDS, Sales Tax, Excise, Service Tax and Income Tax as per the relevant acts & interfacing with Tax Auditors and regulatory authorities for assessments and remittances.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Provide relevant and timely financial reporting to management and stakeholders for better decision making.
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Ensure organizational preparedness for changes in compliance, taxation and documentation requirements like GST. Identify and implement areas for Financial Process effectiveness.
- Coach and mentor team members to develop functional and cross-functional expertise.
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in the areas of Finance with extensive experience in Banking industry.
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practices, financial markets and products and awareness of the country financial landscape.
- Ability to make independent decisions with a strong sense of empowerment and leadership skills
- Must have high ethical standards, credibility and a commitment to best practices.
Success factor of the Job :
- Significant leadership experience gained with large teams.
- Strong analytical and dispute resolution skills.
- Effectively interact with the leadership at the bank and also with the Board as appropriate.
- Influence decisions with internal stakeholders in the bank.
- Curious and creative mindset
- Proactive and self-driven
- Process oriented
- Strategic thinking
- Business acumen
- Strong change management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
Important Knowledge areas:
- CA with minimum master degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Finance/Economics
- Predictive analytics
- Advanced excel user
- Understanding of logistic regression models
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.