Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:368 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Vice President - Fund Raising & Strategy - NGO (8-15 yrs)
Organization: GENERATION INDIA FOUNDATION
Job Title: VICE PRESIDENT - FUNDRAISING AND STRATEGY
Reports to: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Location: DELHI- NCR
About Generation India Foundation:
Generation is a global program dedicated to closing the skills gap for young adults, which leaves 75 million unemployed and three times as many underemployed around the world. Generation is an independent non-profit organization launched by McKinsey & Co. in 2014, and we work with multiple partners to recruit candidates, design, and deliver a 4-12 Week "boot-camp" training program focused on technical, behavioral, and foundational skills, and to track the return on investment for both employers and young people.
Generation is present in sixteen countries(India, Kenya, Mexico, Spain, United States, Singapore, UK, Hong Kong, Pakistan, Australia, Brazil, Chile, France, Ireland, Italy, and Thailand). Generation has over 9,000+ employer partners from startups to SMEs to fortune 500 companies. Nearly 88 percent of our employers say that Generation graduates outperform their peers; and 98 percent of our employers would hire Generation graduates again. Generation has 75+ implementation partners and 100+ local staff.
Generation India Foundation is an independent non-profit in India. It started its operations in India in 2015 and has enrolled 26,000+ youth across 100+ cities. Generation has delivered superior outcomes with graduation rate of ~85%, employment rate of ~85%, retention rates of ~75% after 3 months in job, which is significantly higher than comparable alternate skilling programs.
Generation India along with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is piloting project AMBER to positively influence the way short-term skilling initiatives are designed and implemented in India.
The project will support 30,000 learners (>50% female) into sustainable livelihoods by December 2023 while ensuring 70% placement rate within 90 days (baseline of 22.2%) and 60% retention rate at 3 months (not actively measured by public TVETs). Phase 1 of the Project was launched in August 2021. Since then, we have trained 3,200+ learners, with 65% women participation and a placement rate of 86% at 90 days, and a retention rate of 80% at 90 days.
We are delivering Tech programs in a fully online delivery mode and the Mass Employment roles in a blended delivery mode. During this period, we built capacities of 10 Training Partners on Generation's 7-step methodology. Generation India was conferred the Mahatma Award for Quality Education 2022 and 'NGO of the Year' award in the 5th
Edition of Corporate Social Responsibility Summit & Awards 2022.
Read more about Generation India's work at: https://india.generation.org/
Reason for the hire:
Generation India Foundation seeks to recruit a VP - Fundraising & Strategy who embodies our values, understands the future challenges, supports the leadership with fundraising (both from domestic as well as global resources), donor management, strategy inputs, and is passionate about creating impact in India's employment ecosystem.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to play a pivotal role in the growth of Generation India Foundation, that is trying to bridge the employment gap through skill development. You will work in a matrix structure with the CEO. You will streamline all strategic inputs and put your heart and soul into each fundraising opportunity to be able to convert it into tangible funding.
While you will need to communicate the Generation India Foundation's story eloquently in meetings and to bring the story alive in proposals you write to prospective funders. You will need to be up to date on the developments in the skills development industry to engage in meaningful conversations with potential donors. You will have the opportunity to lead the fundraising efforts at Generation India and will work with a global team spread across all continents and 17 countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver the fundraising strategy and targets of the organization, supplementing existing grants with funding from new foundations, individuals, corporates, grant- makers etc.
- Preparing and giving presentations, writing proposals that could attract funds, including applications for grants and overseeing fundraisers-events and campaigns
- Preparing and giving presentations, writing proposals that could attract funds,including applications for grants and overseeing fundraisers-events and campaigns
- Develop alliances and institutional partnerships with other organizations
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Post graduate degree from a premier institution with 8-15 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in fund raising is a MUST
- Excellent writing & communication skills (both vertical and horizonal documents) are a MUST to succeed in the role
- Ability to work with a diverse and cross functional team (both within India as well global) is a MUST
- Able and willing to travel on short notice to locations for conversations with external stakeholders
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholder
- Experience in Skill development industry desirable but not necessary
Third Sector Partners is a pioneering cause-connected executive search firm and has been retained for this position.