Senior Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:280 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Vice President - Financial Crime Risk Controls - Transaction Monitoring Firm (16-23 yrs)
Details of the role and how it fits into the team :
The Corporate Bank was set up independently in 2019 and is now at the center of Bank's new strategy. The Corporate Bank is a leading global provider of cash management, trade finance and securities services, delivering the full range of commercial banking products and services for both corporates and institutions worldwide.
The Know Your Client (KYC) Center of Excellence (CoE) team in Berlin Jacksonville & Mumbai acts as a central function within Institutional Cash Management (ICM) & Trade Finance Financial Institutions (TFFI) for our Correspondent Banking clients. The team is tasked with providing vital levels of KYC due diligence and Financial Crime Risk review and support within the overall Client Lifecycle. As its primary mandate, CoE performs Name List Screening (NLS) and Account Activity Review & Analysis (AAR) as well as transaction related financial crime risk controls. This ensures timely identification and escalation of potential Sanctions & Embargos and Financial Crime & Money Laundering related risks.
Today's regulatory and compliance environment requires a robust and efficient KYC process and strong non-financial risk management, making the role an important part of the first line of defense within the business
Your Key Responsibilities :
- Functional and disciplinary management and development of an assigned team within CoE, consisting of different roles and various levels of seniority and responsibilities.
- Lead and support on complete spectrum of team deliverables and processes, in particular Client Screening Investigations and Analyses, Transactional Activity Reviews and Quality Assessments and Financial Crime Risk Controls, by providing guidance and advice, supporting on operational day-to-day business, including prioritization and distribution of tasks to team members, tracking and reporting on case progress, while ensuring deliveries are meeting quality and time requirements.
- Responsible for staff management from recruiting, hiring and onboarding, continuous training and knowledge transfer, mentoring and coaching, individual development plan and compensation processes, up to succession planning for the purpose of maintaining Bank's culture of excellence.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with all stakeholders of the KYC Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) and the Financial Crime Risk Control process globally, including close partnership with KYC Officers and ACOs. This includes the coordination of case advancement and process improvements on a complex global and regional level.
- Acts as functional/operational specialist and Point Of Contact (POC) within CoE on quality-related questions plus suggestions for further improvements across all scopes of all team activities. Addresses internal and external escalations. Continuously drives appropriate actions to ensure stable and sustainable progression of team deliverables.
- Drives and supervises development, implementation, refinement and maintenance of documentation of the department's roles & responsibilities and ensures compliance is upheld with company directives and key operating procedures. Leads the identification and implementation of process improvements and documentation.
- Leads/participates in local or global initiatives, complex projects and/or audits, which can also include a close collaboration with the broader KYC/Financial Crime Risk Control program stakeholders (Senior Management, Divisional Control Office and Audit).
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining accurate and timely update of underlying team process data, utilized for Management Information (MI) purposes.
Your Skills and experience :
- University degree in Finance, Law, Economics, Business Administration, Banking or other relevant fields and/or equivalent professional experience required
- Prior experience in Compliance, Anti Money Laundering, Transaction Monitoring, Know Your Client, Audit, Risk or other related roles required, ideally within large international Financial Institutions, with a focus on Correspondent Banking
- Proven track record in people management, in a functional and/or disciplinary capacity
- Demonstrable project management experience required
- High risk awareness and the ability to make well-judged decisions based on available facts and within limited timeframes
- Able to delegate/supervise and build and maintain relationships in virtual teams
- Very strong research and analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of risk awareness
- High attention to detail, accuracy, diligence and the ability to deliver high quality results within tight deadlines; prior Quality Assurance experience highly preferable
- Very strong communication and training skills, with the ability to convey the required messages across all stakeholder groups and management levels
- Excellent team player with strong work ethics, combined with a strategic and proactive work approach, able to motivate others and work independently
- Eager to work and collaborate within a multicultural and diverse environment
- Fluent communication skills in written and spoken English required
- Very good communication skills in written and spoken German beneficial
- Profound command of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and general computer proficiency; VBA knowledge beneficial