Senior Recruitment Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:1262 Applications:330 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President - Finance Operations - BFS (12-20 yrs)
Purpose of Department:
Global Finance Operations Centre (GFOC) provides a variety of financial support services to business partners over the Group. As part of the Financial Accounting team, we are primarily responsible for all the month close activities and post month-end reporting on Saracen that lead up to the preparation of the financial statements
What you'll do:
- The incumbent will be responsible for leading a key site Financial Accounting at GFOC. The processes cover the entire ambit of Financial Accounting including Transaction accounting, Period end close, Group Reporting and Balance Sheet Reconciliation & Substantiation.
- Deliver a well-controlled GL close and Reporting process under Group/Local Requirements for the entities in scope.
- Be responsible for reviewing and monitoring adequacy of internal controls in the process.
- Review of the critical deliverables of the process in Period end close & Reporting.
- SME in closure of books per IFRS
- Support the Leads in implementing Changes driven by Regulatory/New reporting requirements and also drive other projects which may come.
- Work with the In-country leads for driving the country/entity specific projects at GFOC.
- Proactively manage and provide guidance to the GFOC team for managing and resolving process issues.
- Identify opportunities for process re-engineering / improvement and drive changes independently
- Be responsible for the implementation of effective control/risk/compliance management mechanisms within scope of responsibility.
Customers / Stakeholders :
- In country leads - Ensure required support is provided and the process is managed as per the agreed KPIs, Attend/Organize all business Governance calls /meetings and drive issue resolution as required
- Other Teams - Respond to queries from Other teams i.e Product Control, Business Finance, Financial Reporting, Regulatory reporting, Ops. etc. as appropriate and ensure that the reporting requirements are complied with and escalations handled appropriately.
- Other Finance Team in GFOC and In-country and other functions- Collaborate to meet the organisation objectives.
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead a team of professionals
- Retain, hire and develop a highly motivated and performance oriented team.
- Drive performance metrics in line with requirements.
- Ensure all team members are developed by undertaking a training needs analysis for each team member.
- Ensure personal development plans are in place covering product knowledge, technical and soft skills.
- Set an example for people managers in the team to ensure same behaviours as well.
- Manage staffing levels and back-up plans proactively to ensure PLA's are adhered to or exceeded.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Ensure adherence to Group policies, audit, controls, and compliance requirements including but not limited to declaration of secrecy, data protection act, health, safety and security, information security, clear desk policy etc.
- Ensure proactive controls in place to highlight issues timely.
- Deliver year on year efficiency
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources and plan for peak load volumes
- Manage the Operational Risk
- Maintain cross training for all critical deliverables.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
Qualification and basic requirements:
- CA/ICWA/MBA/CPA/ACCA with at least 12+ years or B. Com with 15+ years of post-qualification experience in accounting and reporting.
- Past experience of working in Banking/Financial services organization of repute will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business partners/customers
- Ability to bring analytical rigour, structure and solution to problematic areas.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of GL Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Is expected to have strong technical understanding of Accounting and Reporting principles with demonstrated competency in their application.
- Possess strong strategic vision and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and ability to interact with multiple employee levels/business partners, etc.
- Good negotiation & conflict management capabilities.
- Very good team handling skills with good management styles displaying acceptability and approachability
- Proficient self-motivated professional in supervisory role responsible for leading & motivating multiple teams/processes, with accountability on all Business Service Delivery parameters.
- Very good strategic planning.
- Consistency in meeting PLAs and achieving the business objectives.
- Handle new challenges and open to change.
- Provide strategic direction and manage Business Partner relationships.
- Hand on tech. tools
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.