Consultant at Michael Page
Views:1563 Applications:245 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Vice President - Finance Controller - Manufacturing Plant - Building Materials - CA (18-25 yrs)
Client is a Multinational Building Materials listed company and is a well known name in the Manufacturing space they are hiring a VP Finance Controller who have diverse work experience in Plant Controlling , This role reports to the CFO of the company and have 8 direct reports and have to manage functioning of 8 Plants in India
Incumbent provides business support from finance to the product line while also ensuring key controls as per company policies and statutory requirements are being followed. It is required to know all aspects of the business to be able to participate in discussions with other functions and recommend improvements all around.
Position is a member of Country Leadership Team and works with other functional heads to budget, track, analyse performances while also providing decision making support to them.
Job Responsibilities :
- As member of Country Leadership Team, required to participate and give recommendations on policy issues.
- Draw up budgets, set targets and measure performance against the targets on an ongoing basis. Through the year the budget is revisited to draw up rolling forecasts as per changing scenarios.
- Periodic reporting to country management, group reporting in the requisite formats.
- Work out scenarios, analyse reports for deviations and provide decision support to BU management.
- Analyse and suggest methods to improve realization
- Monitor and optimize Free Cash Flow and SWC
- Push cost saving targets, provide ideas to functions and help assess achievement and monitor the same on a running basis.
- Ensure defined processes are followed. Internal controls as per company policies and statutory requirements are being maintained. Responsible for internal control effectiveness monitoring in the domain of job responsibility.
- Work with other functions to identify inefficiency in processes and correct the same.
- Ensure protection of company assets.
- Co ordinate with indirect taxation dept to ensure statutory requirements are followed, safeguard against tax exposures and recommend actions as and when required.
- Work with IT to improve automated generation of reports and constantly improve efficient use of the support systems.
- Framing financial & accounting policies at local level (as per statutory reporting) and ensuring implementation of appropriate policies.
- Monitoring various developments in Accounting and various related regulatory developments-statutory compliance with the same.
- Working with central consolidation team to ensure completion of all audits - statutory tax, hard close.
- Supporting all financial reporting requirements, MIS presentations etc for Board.
- Responsible for internal control.
- Discharge duties of board member as a director of a JV company
- Actively participate in VFLs, safety audits and other such activities undertaken by the company.
- Financially review investment proposals
- Review of major contracts and Pos for commercial terms
- Development of Market Intelligence & forecasting model.
Key Results Areas
- Ensure there are controls in the business for protection of assets and prevent malpractices.
- Completion of budgetary and reforecast exercises
- Provide periodic scenario forecasts to help identify the best option financially and meet budgetary targets at the least
- Responsible for co ordinating and ensuring optimal Free Cash Flow and SWC position
- Ensure all reporting are completed on time
- Completion of audits
- Identify cost saving areas, help implement the same and monitor the achievement
- Automated reporting and data extraction in specific formats from system.
- Other Country Leadership Team members - regularly for updates and policy issues
- Other dept heads - also regularly to discuss operations, course corrections and other day to day management
- Group controls - generally monthly - MIS reporting and clarifications requirements
- Country Management - Reporting, performance parameters
Vendors (big sub contracts/ CFA): Discussion on commercial points
JV Partners: usually quarterly for board meeting and in between through mail exchanges on various issues
Key Competencies for the Job
Basic Educational Qualifications:
- CA with 18+ years of relevant experience out of which atleast 5 years into leadership role (preferably with a large manufacturing organization).
- Analytical skills
- Reporting skills
- Knowledge on statutory laws
- Communication skills with peers and team
Budget - 80 LPA - 1.1 CR per annum
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.