Director at Mirus Solutions
Views:243 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President - Enterprise Risk Manager - BFS (8-12 yrs)
VP Enterprise Risk manager
- Support the Enterprise risk responsibility viz. enterprise risk reporting, governance and oversight over enterprise risk aspects
- Support for the other risk stewardship like model risk, reputation risk, climate risk etc.
- Drive, support and participate in to various projects representing risk function
- Assist in managing and embedding the enterprise-wide risk management framework
- Wholesale Credit and Market Risk
- Review credit proposals for GB/ CMB clients in line with banks policies/ BIM/ FIM and recommend for approval to relevant authority
- Portfolio monitoring on an ongoing basis to ensure credit risk remains within appetite
- Ensure credit approval process are responsive to business needs
- Monitor annual review overdues, account excess overdues, negative news and WWM clients
- Ensure compliance with lending related regulations
- Provide training and coaching on credit related matters to the relationship managers
- Operational and Resilience Risk (ORR)
- Support for managing and embedding the Operational and Resilience Risk (ORR) framework and initiatives
- Oversight of emerging risks, strategic business initiatives and local change activity and new/materially changed products
- Traded and Treasury Risk
- Identification of IRRBB, Market and liquidity risk factors and its assessment on timely basis.
- Provide relevant insights on ALM profile and implementation of directives
- Develop and set operating limits, measure and monitor the risk level in accordance with the
- policies in relation to Market Risk, Interest Rate risk in the Banking Book and Liquidity Risk
- Lead and drive enhancement projects required for ALM/Market risk system.
- Ensure timely delivery of ALM projects / change initiatives with quality, within approved time lines
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for preparation of the Risk Management Meeting and local Governance committees papers.
- Identify opportunities to enhance productivity and execution across Risk, including high quality support and improved decision making within the Risk Function and in support of the Businesses
- Support the Risk function in establishment and management of change structure and governance including oversee planning, delivery and benefits tracking for Risk-related change projects that span different Risk functions, such as Effective Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting
- Maintain awareness of business, regulatory and market issues, providing support and thought leadership to enhance the Risk function
- Support the Risk in management of key regulatory reporting for the Bank and ensure regulatory requirements are fulfilled at all times
- Improve risk metrics and measurements to enhance effectiveness of Risk strategy initiatives, and ensure accurate documentation and reliable quality control procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Global Standards in addition to all applicable laws, regulations, compliance and various risk policies and procedures and manage any dispensations to policy with the relevant local / global teams
- Manage resilience risk local Whistleblowing cases, Reportable Incidents and Notable Events ensuring Reportable Incident and Notable event investigations are conducted thoroughly, sensitively, accurately and in a timely manner
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Directs and supports on various risk type management and acts as a key contact and escalation for senior stakeholder engagement making sure delivery is consistent and of high quality
- Work in conjunction with INM Risk functions, Business & Functions team and the wider Risk Specialist team and build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders locally and develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners, Regulators, industry bodies and others to keep up to date with developments.
- Successfully navigate and strengthen the relationship between non-financial risk and senior stakeholders across the three lines of defence locally
- Ensure the integrity and timely completeness of risk and control identification, assessment and information within the Group's Risk and Control system of record (Helios) as well as directing documented remediation plans for residual risks
- Will need to adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal control standards. This is achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators
- Additional specific HIBU responsibilities may be added to this role profile at the direction of the CRO and the country reporting line.
- Monitoring of liquidity, IRRRBB, market and traded credit risk, reporting and escalation in case of excess
Perform New product due diligence and provide sign off comments
Qualifications - External
- Graduate / University Degree
- Experience in enterprise wide risk management across multiple business lines, with proven expertise in at least in one Risk domain
- Flexibility in approach to deliver in a job requirement that is evolving, and having a change the bank mindset to leading change delivery at country and regional levels
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to clearly articulate and manage risk issues as well as strategy
- Ability to form effective relationships and influence at senior Committee levels internally as well as external stakeholders like Regulators and Board
- Effective co-operation with the Global Businesses, Finance, DBS and across all Risk teams in-country, Regional and Group.
- Proven ability to provide appropriate challenge to various Risk and Control Owners as well as Risk Stewards
- Strong understanding of Group strategies and experience in collaborating with business partners on strategic execution
- Demonstrated ability to assess internal and external risk trends, industry developments
- Strong level of business and risk management knowledge and relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the internal control environment