Associate Vice President at AdAstra Consultants
Views:3675 Applications:180 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Vice President - Engineering - Internet/Online/IT (10-15 yrs)
Position: Vice President - Engineering
Role: Techno Functional
Qualification: B.Tech / B.E / MCA
Experience: 10+ yrs
Job Location: Mumbai
VP Engineering will be a key part of the team that will define and develop products and experiences that transform education in India. We are looking for hands-on technologists, who will be responsible for architecture & designing world-class technology solutions. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the product for the fastest growing education technology company right now, transforming education by integrating easy to use technology with a world-class curriculum for every student in India.
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle and manage complex projects with significant business impact
- Work with the CTO, PM and Business to develop a long-term product plan and manage the release planning cycles for your products
- Instill best practices for software development, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, translate them into technical solutions, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports
Skills And Qualifications
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline from a premier institute
- 8+ years of Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams of 50+ people
- Managed scale up and dev ops of applications of up to millions of users.
- Deep hands-on technical experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Hands-on with SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Track record of data-driven decisions.
- Ability to prioritize competing features and requirements
- Candidates from product development companies are preferred to apply.
- The incumbent must be technically hands on and have strong people management skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.