Lead Consultant at PPS Staffing
Views:106 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Vice President - Engineering - B2C Product Firm - IIT/NIT/IISC (7-10 yrs)
The hiring company:
This is a financial services company that is catering to a very niche segment of the consumer market. This co. is well funded by leading venture capital funds and has been co-founded by experienced professionals with high-pedigree educational & work background, having worked at major investment banks.
Providing small ticket size credit, but in a very customized fashion, to its target audience, is what this start-up is focusing on. Right now active in the market of Bangalore, the co. has plans to spread across all major metro cities in the country within the next 2 years of time.
The job profile:
The VP of Engineering would be expected to lead the current team of 5 - 6 bright engineers dedicated to product development at the co. S/he would:
- Take over from the current incumbent who is moving out due to personal reasons, ensuring that all KT etc. is duly recd.
- Provide strategic guidance to the founders on devising the correct/most suitable technology & product roadmaps
- Work with the development team to further build the product
- Ensure all technologies in use are in alignment with the best practices in the industry w.r.t. similar products
- Lead technical architecture of the product
- Work in close tandem with the founders on the overlapping aspects of the product w.r.t. product management and contribute to it significantly
- Mentor, motivate & lead the team of developers to exceed expectations
- Ideal candidates would be UG/PG qualified from ivy league institutes like IITs, NITs, IISc, etc.
- Have been working in the software product development domain with B2C/B2B product firms for 7 - 10 years
- Have worked with at-least 1 or 2 start-ups as an engg. manager or engg. leader or co-founder, driving the entire tech function from scratch, and working with a rather precise, yet compelling team of engineers
- Is strong at Java side of applications, with full-stack development strengths across platforms/tools
- Technical architecture leadership
- Product management experience is also required, as that is just a one-member team at the company right now, being handled by a co-founder
- Opportunity to lead engineering for a highly promising start-up
- Handsome compensation including substantial stock-options
- Clear growth path - from VP to CTO, including high willingness on the founders' part to induct a deserving tech leader on the founding team