Vice President - Economist - Financial Services Firm (10-15 yrs)
Industry - Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Category - Consulting
Skills - Economist, Econometrics, Macro
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - The Economist would primarily help develop methodologies and processes to track, analyse and summarise key macroeconomic parameters across geographies - primarily the US, UK, Germany, and Netherlands
Client Details :
Client is a Europe based bank which provides SME and MSME credit loans and solution. It has clients across the globe.
- Establish methodologies to accurately identify and map relevant macroeconomic parameters that can inform performance of specific sectors
- Help develop processes to track, analyse and summarise key macroeconomic parameters across geographies - primarily the US, UK, Germany, and Netherlands
- Extensively use statistical techniques including cross correlation, test of significance, multivariate regression, and non-liner regression techniques
- Lead a team that is involved in developing quantitative models that use outlook on economic data to predict performance across a broad library of sectors
- Work in close collaboration with the team to analyse new and relevant sector trends and implement new research ideas that will help provide outlook on such trends using macroeconomic indicators
- Collaborate with external consultancies that provide aggregation models and work with them to arrive at outcomes that can be presented to clients
- A master's in economics with 10+ years of experience in economic research preferably in a financial institution. Candidates having academics experience and now wants to move to corporate can also apply.
- Econometric skills, specifically working with quantitative data using econometric methods
- Experience in statistical software such as EViews, Stata, Matlab or statistical packages in Python or R is mandatory
- Understanding of interaction between macroeconomic parameters and broad sectors of an economy
- Sound understanding of various macroeconomic parameters and its impact on projections
Job Offer :
- Great opportunity to develop professionally with a growing team
- International exposure and be part of new-age Europe based bank
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Chanakya Khandelwal on +91 124 452 5451.
Contact - Chanakya Khandelwal - +91 124 452 5451
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.