Director at Qrata
Views:1394 Applications:328 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Vice President/Director - Product - Startup - IIT/NIT (5-10 yrs)
We are currently hiring a VP/Dir of product for 3-4 VC Backed startups in the B2B marketplace space based out of Bangalore, Mumbai, and Pune. These are all series A/B companies looking for senior executive product roles.
Top 3 Role Must Have's :
- You should have been a senior executive in the product management space more than 25+ member teams with multiple product managers/sr product managers.
- You should have worked in scaling up the product in early-stage companies ideally who have raised seed/series A funding rounds.
- You have significant exposure in product visioning and product leadership for digitally-driven businesses
Role & Responsibilities :
As a VP/Eng - Product, you are the helm of the Product function of the organization. Your position overlooks the entire product organization right from cultivating a high growth team, overseeing the day to day management of ongoing projects to strategizing with CTO/founders, and planning the execution of upcoming projects/initiatives.
- You are responsible for recruiting and mentoring product teams, setting up proper team structures, and keeping everyone aligned with the Vision at all times.
- You are also required to maintain and oversee the design and data functions within the product org and build scalable structures for efficient output.
- You're expected to be involved in decisions (with Founders/CTO) that are to be taken in driving New Product initiatives and plan their execution and keep the management updated on the progress.
- In the end, you're expected to be great at execution as well as management.
- No matter where the vision comes from, all the great vision in the world doesn't mean much if you can't get the product to see the light of the day. A Product leader that knows how to get things done and has absolutely proven his/her ability to do so.
- The person in this role certainly should be an expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process, but execution also means that they know how to work effectively as part of your size organization.
As a VP/Eng-Product, your execution responsibility will entail the below :
- Keep track of Product and growth metrics at all times.
- Conducting customer visits and user research as a regular practice and sharing insights.
- Engage with EMs, HOE, and CTO to keep track of timelines and Roadmap execution.
- Engage with various team departments such as Customer Support, Logistics, Marketing, etc, and understand the need for new product initiatives for improvement of existing tools for higher productivity or better user experience.
You are required to do the following :
Build a team :
- Recruit : Build a pool of Product Talent - Leads, SPMs, PMs, etc, and allocate them in the right function and teams within the product organization based on product strategy & PDLC.
- Onboarding and Orientation : Define and execute a process of new joiners and make them familiar with the product, systems, and processes. Setting the expectations clear for each role. Guiding them with their KPIs and inducting them in teams.
- Training, Coaching, Mentoring : Setting up tools and frameworks to train PMs where required. Inspire and coach them to keep them motivated and productive at all times. Conduct Performance Review and feedback sessions with each team member at least twice a year and help in career progression.
Define Processes :
- Defining processes along the product development lifecycle: research and discovery, design, development, release management, as well as experimentation and validation.
- In addition, product leadership owns the selection of tools to support these processes, for example, task management (e.g., Jira), product design, and handoff (e.g., Figma or Sketch + Zeplin), and documentation and knowledge sharing (e.g., Google Docs or Confluence).
- It is important in defining these processes to set minimum standards where it is necessary for effective collaboration across team boundaries and the ability for employees to move from team to team, but also leave room for self-organization.
Product Vision :
- Deep understanding of the Market and Industry Domain and the Customer
- Formulate Product Strategy. Keep a tight hold on the Product Roadmap and align daily decisions with the Product Vision and strategy.