HR at Haachi Business Solutions
Views:2401 Applications:666 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:401
Vice President/Director - Operations - Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Admin (10-15 yrs)
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the global art companies established in 1993. Over the years it has a reputation for the quality of it's collection that represents the expanse of Indian art practice. The company has gallery spaces in the historic Kala Ghoda in Mumbai, and the iconic Fuller Building in Manhattan, New York, in addition to its gallery in Delhi.
The Director of Operations will manage entire operations independently with a key focus on profitability, timeliness, efficiency and optimal utilization of resources as a profit centre.
The candidate will play a significant role in long term planning with a view to delivering operational excellence and will own day-to-day operational metrics; along with team management, ensuring process adherence, quality and resource planning.
- Oversee the processes of logistics and warehouse management to ensure smooth and risk-free movement of inventory.
- The Gallery participates in exhibitions and Art Fairs on a regular basis and movement at this scale requires considerable planning and management to ensure that all teams and external consultants are in tandem with each other, and the company has minimized risks in all affairs
- Execute risk-free operations and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Executing the calendar of exhibitions in India and internationally: supervision of all activities - schedule, shipping, set-up and dismantle, security, customs procedures, client experience, space rental, property management, scenography and art handling.
- Manage pre-sale storage as well as post-sale storage, selection and negotiation with shipping vendors, storage providers, management of logistic flows and inventory management.
- Prepare budgets, schedules and other organization reports as needed.
- Oversee management of stock and inventory, ensuring improvements in the accessibility of information on stock.
- Improve existing systems and policies, and ensure projects remain within governance and adopt best practice.
- Oversee, Plan and implement standard operating procedures for Administration.
- Maintain oversight on vendor management, negotiations of contract and payment terms for selected quality service providers.
- Oversee that regulations pertaining to administration and operation of galleries, museums and other fairs are complied with.
- Responsible for compliance with employee safety norms
- Produce and regularly update operations manuals, trackers and schedules to ensure team resilience.
- Promote and enforce safety in the workplace.
- Oversee optimization of office and warehousing spaces.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field. MBA or further qualification preferred.
- 10-15 years of leadership experience in the appropriate field.
- Fluent English language skills essential, other languages an advantage.
- Ideally logistics/operations knowledge - both operational and strategic.
- Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Strong knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Experience of budget and business plan development.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
- Masterful organisational, communication and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success.
- Strong computer user skills with MS Office applications, warehouse management and customs systems.
- Excellent knowledge of safety, quality and cost objectives.
- Good working knowledge of shipping and associated issues around import/export of goods, taxation/VAT and customs controls.