HR at Conjoin Consultancy Pvt Ltd
Views:2566 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Vice President - Custody Middle Office - Trade Processing - Investment Banking (10-20 yrs)
Urgent Opening with a Leading Investment Banking firm
Location - Bangalore
Key Responsibilities would include:-
- Managing Transaction processing related activities of Custodian function in the most efficient and highly control framework oriented environment.
- Review of daily / weekly / monthly performance metrics pertaining to the function and to identify and track reasons for deviation from agreed levels or expected behavior. Ensure resolution of all aging/ sensitive outstanding items by having close engagement with global and local stakeholders/ internal departments.
- Perform systemic verification for high-value securities transactions, FX transactions and Payments for Unit Trust trades following the Authority Level Matrix (USD thresholds set in the process).
- End to End responsibility of team managing Global Custody Trade function and to be in control and monitoring of - Intra-day and End of Day reports/checks.
- Managing all trade exceptions and handholding to closure with internal teams; be it client, market or transaction type specific.
- In-depth knowledge in stock breaks from a custodian stand point and ability to resolve the same.
- Global stake holder management, understanding client's requirements and deep understanding of Custody market nuances to ensure flawless delivery by adopting bespoke process requirements.
- Close interaction and partnering with various internal departments such as Client Facing Team, Corporate Actions, Securities lending and Settlements team to ensure timely settlement of Trades in the market.
- Active participation in multiple forums such as Product, Client Service, Strategy to analyze the impact basis market changes and to drive Tech Initiatives to meet client expectation and internal functional goals.
- Play a key role in Audit reviews and contribute effectively in global / local meetings/calls with Product, Network, Client Facing team, etc. and represent Custody Trades function to add value in ensuring end goal to enhance customer satisfaction at all times - of course ensuring right controls and checks in place to avoid Audit & Compliance issues.
- Periodic review and certification of operational procedures, control activities/documents such as RCSA, Business resiliency plans, operations service agreement and allied documents and procedures
- Periodic review of productivity benchmarks and adopting various tactical/strategic tools to further enhance the benchmarks on an ongoing basis.
- Proven experience in managing performance of his directs (managerial role) and his team. Able to set SMART goals for team members, counseling team members, team building and staff development.
- Create strong resiliency & backups within the team by active involvement in day to day activities and training initiatives.
- Work in partnership with Operational control management / Risk teams for performing QA testings, MIS and Internal and External Audits.