Vice President - Curriculum - Arts & Humanity (8-19 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive the Curriculum Grade Vision and Course Plan to build 10X better courses with the end goal of making Arts & Humanities courses fun for children
- Drive creativity across the board and leverage technology to build engaging classes. Constantly improve the existing curriculum and lessons plans such that the courses continue to delight students
- Design well structured, detailed lesson plans for each class, where each class should provide a Wow experience to every student
- Define clear Outcomes and Assessment methodologies for the class
- Coach Curriculum Directors and train teachers for delivering exceptional learning experience to students
- Display high ownership and performance of the curriculum
- Ensure exceptional Net Promoter Score for the classes among Students and Parents and ascertain that the defined Learning Outcomes are met/exceeded
- Identify areas for curriculum or instructional change, working closely with the Teacher and Student Community is also an important part of the job
- Drive team Performance by effectively working with a team of curriculum experts and teachers on a mass global scale.
Qualifications & Experience :
- Excellent academic background. Post graduate with specialization in English, Arts or other creative fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing English/Art curriculum and/ or instruction design for K-12.
- Should have experience in developing courses / designing curriculum / teaching in academic institutions that provided exposure to the learning needs / methods that work best for Tier II / Tier III India
- Good to have designed curriculum or taught in a system that promotes inquiry based learning e.g. IB.
- Must have prior experience in teaching
- Should have an in-depth understanding of activity-based teaching-learning methods with a strong knowledge of pedagogies to teach 21st Century Skills
- Knowledge of latest apps, tools, platforms etc and experience of using them in instruction design is an added advantage.
Skill Set & Competencies:
- Innovative Mindset: Creative, takes informed risks and constantly refines based on feedback.
- Go-Getter, Multi-Dimensional, "Growth Hacker" Skill Set with a strong sense of ownership for work.
- Must have leadership skills : Takes keen interest in Mentoring and developing People
- Always-on learner: constantly curious, embracing and picking up new skills really fast
- A team player: Can communicate and collaborate effectively with others, and buck up to face any challenges. "All for one and one for all!"
- Aggressive: Take no prisoners approach. The company leadership is extremely driven and aggressive, and the curriculum VP should have the same all-consuming drive.