Director at Framework Allies
Views:621 Applications:179 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Vice President - Credit Risk - Unsecured Loans (12-24 yrs)
VP Credit Risk - Unsecured Loans
Hiring for one of the leading Fintech Company.
Job Purpose :
1. To give effective credit support for meeting the business targets.
2. To frame the lending policy framework, processes and workflow, assist in growth of the Unsecured term loans lending business in India.
3. To approve credit applications as per the given framework.
4. Ensuring that quality of Bank's exposure in India is acceptable at all time by managing the portfolio management function.
5. Provide guidance to the team of relationship managers on areas of policy and processes.
Key Accountabilities :
- To roll-out/enhance the credit lending framework including policies, processes, MIS, controls, etc for the unsecured term loans business in India.
1. To recommend / approve credit applications in line with agreed process workflows and policies after highlighting / considering all significant risks.
2. To keep track of delinquency levels and ensuring that requisite follow up is being done to ensure that overdue is regularised in a time bound manner.
3. To apply knowledge of RBI Regulations / MAS Guidelines that govern credit dispensation, including the Loan Grading, Provisioning and Asset Classification regulations.
4. To have a working knowledge of the general Legal framework in which the bank operates in India and apply the same.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage policy / processes for Unsecured term loan products (Personal Loans, Business Loans etc.)
2. Assist in the preparation & implementation of product programs
3. Facilitate regular asset quality reviews with provision of analytics insights to identify risks/ opportunities and recommend relevant actions.
4. Ensure credit policies and program risk acceptance criteria are reviewed regularly, with timely updates for proactive adaptation to changes in legal
5. /regulatory requirements, business strategies, market environment or portfolio performance
6. Drive portfolio management initiatives through the credit cycle management framework by working in partnership with product managers, credit systems team, credit operations team and collection team
7. Work in partnership with credit systems support team to implement key credit policy criteria in relevant credit acceptance & evaluation systems
8. Escalate on timely basis significant risk issues to business management and manager for taking appropriate remedial actions
9. Ensure timely completion of RCSAs including appropriate action plans to address identified control gaps
10. Ensure issues/action plans arising from Risk & Control Self-Assessments, risk events, KRIs, regulatory inspections or other risk issues are properly followed up.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Consumer Banking (preferably Unsecured/Digital lending) / Credit Rating. Exposure to Digital Lending space would be good to have.
- Professional qualification, graduate or post graduate degree, preferably in business, accountancy, economics, finance etc. along with sound domain knowledge of the unsecured loans business and market.
1. Good analytical skills
2. Good presentation skills
3. Good interpersonal skills.
4. Good knowledge of the financial services/banking industry.
1. Sound knowledge of policies / lending frameworks followed for this product.
2. Good knowledge of credit evaluation methods, tools & techniques
3. Exposure to Digital channels, Fin techs and online tools of credit dispensation.
4. Sound understanding of regulatory guidelines on credit issued by RBI (local regulations in India), MAS and local laws and regulations that impact businesses in general.
5. Knowledge of various banking products and risks associated with them.
- Good working relationship with Consumer Banking Relationship team, Consumer Operations, other product teams, RBI inspectors, regulators and other external agencies.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.