Consultant at Kelly Services
Views:2247 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Vice President - Credit Portfolio - BFS (10-17 yrs)
About Credit Portfolio
The Credit Portfolio Team supports the CRO by managing the allocation, delivery, and oversight of banking book credit risk and underwriting appetite as mandated by the Board. The team sits at the heart of the credit risk organization engaging with key stakeholders across the first and second line of defense.
The overall purpose of the role
- Provide leadership for the local Credit Portfolio team
- The role proactively reviews and analyses the risk profile of the credit portfolios and recommends adjustments to the risk appetite in line with market conditions
- Play a key role in executing the CIB's Banking Book stress testing and IFRS9 framework
- Oversee credit risk in the Bank's lending book
- Support setting and monitoring of the Risk Appetite (for the credit book) - a key measure of the risk the bank is willing to accept in its pursuit of business objectives
- Identify internal and external risks to the portfolio and assess the impact of various events (e.g. market events) on the portfolio
- Support the delivery of key strategic and regulatory deliverables including IFRS9, Stress Testing and Economic Capital
- Understand and interpret variation in key credit metrics
- Confidently present credit views to senior stakeholders within the bank
- Work with the wider Credit Portfolio leadership team to determine and implement strategy
- Help build and provide oversight to the local Credit Portfolio team
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Engage and escalate appropriate issues to local and global Senior Risk Management
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise across wider Credit Risk community and the Risk teams in Mumbai center of excellence
- Co-ordinate with non Risk functions to ensure global consistency and best practices are applied
- Coach junior team members
- Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Highly analytical role requiring subjective decision making and problem-solving capabilities
- Innovative approach to process and system design with a desire to drive efficiencies
Person Specification :
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strong track record in risk management with a leading Corporate and/or Investment Bank (5yrs+).
- Strong understanding of Credit Risk modeling including PD, LGD and EAD analytics
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, SAS (or R), SQL is a must
- Effective, clear communication skills, both written & oral
- Highly analytical mind with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the principles of portfolio management.
- Graduate (preferably with a Masters degree) with exposure to Finance, Mathematics, Economics and/or Technology.
- Management of teams across multiple credit disciplines
- Experience with wholesale credit/banking book and securitization risk modeling, stress testing & scenario analysis is a strong plus
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.