Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:1126 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Vice President - Credit Analysis - Corporate Lending/Investment Banking (12-18 yrs)
Job Title : Credit Analyst (VP)
Location : Noida
The successful candidate will be expected to build, manage and develop relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders, engaging with the Credit Analysis team. The individual will also, through the service delivery team, be responsible for the day-to-day service delivery of all operational aspects relating to the Credit Analysis team.
This will include leading, directing and implementing a strategy, to ensure full delivery of the department's operational service level commitments (SLA- s); client satisfaction and service improvements, via day-to-day performance management; resolution of persistent service issues; and the forecasting and management of medium-term workload and resource fluctuations.
They must provide visible leadership of the team, clear business direction and must drive performance to optimise results. They will be the key point of contact for all front office stakeholders, as the owner of the Credit Analysis service proposition. The individual will provide support to the Head of Wholesale Lending Operations and, when required, act as their delegate at a variety of forums relating to the entire function.
The role holder will coach and develop direct reports, as well as be a point of referral. They will ensure clients are serviced in accordance with agreed policies, procedures and commercial/ customer practices, whilst minimizing exposure to risk. The successful candidate will also take responsibility for all strategic change that impacts Credit Analysis and will drive the strategy and agenda in order to ensure that all benefits are realised.
What will you be doing?
- Actively participate in the development, articulation and implementation of the business strategy.
- Monitor and drive plans to achieve successful and timely completion as per budget and quality.
- Provide leadership & management oversight to the process managers and provide resolution to issues.
- Embed a culture of regular reviews and performance management aligned to standards.
- Contribute in promoting as employer of choice.
- Set and communicate common business goals and objectives.
- Act as a champion for change in the unit.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across business areas
- Proactively engage/agree plans and outputs with senior leadership in the customer sending business units (covering Transitions, Service Delivery, Performance Improvements, Issues Resolution and Complaints).
- Work with functional owners to ensure cohesion between individual department goals.
- Drive process rigour, efficiency and consistency.
- Deliver quality Management Information.
- Embed agreed Business Continuity management Plan.
- Manage the RCSA of the process.
- Ensure compliance to all specified controls; conduct checks and attestation processes
- Measure performance of the team against SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensure effective allocation and utilisation of resources across the team in order to maximise effectiveness.
- Engage, motivate and coach the team towards achieving goals.
- Assist in identifying the developmental needs of the team & encourage taking suitable training programs to enhance capabilities and skills.
- Communicate strategic developments within the business area.
- Build effective communication channels to ensure open communication and address issues/concerns raised by the team.
- Manage departmental budgets
What we're looking for :
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience in presenting to senior stakeholders
- Experience of working in a Lending environment
- Excellent business acumen to generate results in an operational environment
- Experience on LEAN/continuous improvement/six sigma methodologies
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong People management skills.
- Should have demonstrated experience managing large teams (c50+ staff).
- Experience of managing teams across multiple sites desirable.
- Strong Client management skills.
- Should have demonstrated very high client focus with an ability to build strong business relationships with senior stakeholders/business leaders.
- Should have successfully managed senior client relationships across multiple geographies.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders across different domains with varying expectations and priorities.
Skills that will help you in the role :
- Sound understanding of corporate and investment banking lending function through loan life cycle;
- Provide guidance and support to the team on complex credits/transactions across Corporate and IB Lending.
- Enable and empower the team to deliver on process improvements, automation, efficiencies and consistency of process across domains.
- Sound understanding of corporate and investment banking lending products through end to end customer journey and associated risks to be able to engage and partner with stakeholders from coverage, Middle office, risk, technology and other domains and provide strategic thought leadership to deliver on the strategic agenda.
- Build, develop and retain a strong, skilled and motivated team to ensure business continuity and development.