Founder/Chief Consultant at Credence HR Services
Views:10353 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Vice President - CCAR Model Validation - KPO (9-17 yrs)
VP - CCAR Model Validation
The successful candidate will :
- Be expected to lead and manage independent validation reviews across a wide range of Scenario, Stress Testing and CCAR models used throughout the bank, meeting business needs and regulatory expectations, with responsibility for investigating key aspects of each model under review, choice of modelling approach, the underlying assumptions and associated limitations, performance and optimal use of the model, etc.
- Review, verify and validate risk models for theoretical soundness, testing design and identification of model weaknesses, ensuring ongoing monitoring, as well as contribute in the firm-wide model risk and control assessment.
- Be expected to demonstrate independence in planning and stakeholder engagement, testing design and execution, results interpretation and presentation, and the production of documentation strong enough to evidence a sound challenge to both internal and external parties.
- Create model risk reports, including authoring and presentation of validation reports for the attention of senior management, supervisory authorities, and model stakeholders.
- Represent the bank in interaction with Regulators, as required
- The truly global scope of model risk means that this role will involve working with an incredibly broad group of stakeholders from every part of the firm, investigating model risk and model governance standards and performing detailed validation of risk models.
We offer :
- Candidates for the role is expected to hold a first degree in a quantitative discipline, eg. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance, and probably a Masters or PhD.
- Extensive experience in financial modelling and/or model validation, with a specific focus on Scenarios/Stress-Testing/CCAR models. Hands-on experience of risk and capital modeling, derivatives pricing and broader financial modeling is desirable, but regardless of experience all candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of capital modeling, financial and derivative products and mathematics.
- Client focus and the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders (internal, external, Regulators), including the ability to explain complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
- Experience of managing/leading teams, ideally in the context of model validation and/or financial modeling.
- Self-motivation, discipline, task focus, the ability to structure and present work and a proven record of delivering high quality results to strict deadlines.
- Experience in data management and analysis or in Front Office IT would be an advantage.
- A general understanding of global regulatory requirements is desirable to be a credible counterpart given the huge and challenging variety of models in scope.
- Good knowledge including programming experience of software applications such as R, Matlab, SQL and SAS.
Founder & Chief Consultant
Credence HR Services
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.