Founder/Chief Consultant at Credence HR Services
Views:4738 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Vice President - Cash Equities Operations - Investment Banking (10-18 yrs)
We are hiring for our Investment Banking client
Title: Vice President
The team comprises of business-aligned support teams to follow up on any unmatched or failed trades for clients trading across markets. The team is responsible for ensuring supporting all Pre matching & Fails management related activity. The team will be responsible to collaborate with various internal and external counterparts and maintain stringent controls in daily trade matching activities across various markets.
The following are key functions within the team:
- Perform reconciliations between the middle office and back-office systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of market instructions.
- Ensure all transactions are correctly matched for smooth settlement
- Maintain client accounts for SSI reference data with the help of MO and third party system
- Action and perform root cause analyses on new/recurring issues or control gaps
- Escalate issues for any urgent matters or assistance
- Produce time-sensitive daily reports with actionable data to the Middle Office or Settlement Team for break resolutions
- Provide detailed business control metrics to management on a daily basis
- Ensure trade settlement is in compliance with rules and regulations in various local jurisdictions.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within timeframes, processing windows, market regulations, bank policies, or what is deemed prudent to minimize risk
- Continuously participate in projects involving new system implementation, process improvements, etc
- Take ownership of work, problems, clarify issues/objections, and ensure data integrity, accuracy, and completeness
Skill sets Required:
- This individual will have extensive contact with the front office, clients, global teams, custodians and other business partners on a daily basis.
Key skills required are listed below:
- A strong control mindset and adherence to a high degree of business ethics
- In-depth experience with equity products and global markets
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pick up complex systems architecture easily
- Experience in driving global initiatives and affecting change in a large organization
- Ability to drive results through a "hands-on" approach
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with time-critical deliveries
- Ability to respond to a changing environment.
- Be innovative and suggest system improvement capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task, ensuring the trades are booked correctly, breaks are resolved and MIS being sent to managers on deadlines.
Positive - Can Do- attitude
- Contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility
Min Required Qualifications / Experience :
- Graduate/PG with 10+ years of experience, with alteast 5+ years in an investment banking environment, preferably in Middle Office / Trade Support
- Degree holder in Finance / Economics or other related disciplines (preferable)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
- Shift Timings - Primary Coverage- 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST. Cross-regional coverage to be provided. Ability to work stretch hours in case of business requirement
- Travel - Flexibility for travel to region ( APAC / EMEA / Americas) for a period of 2-3 months within short notice in case of business requirements.
In case you wish to explore the opportunity please apply or call me on 7410005864.