CEO at Exceed Consulting
Views:358 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Vice President - Business Technology - Techno Functional - Bank Regulatory Systems (17-22 yrs)
Our Client, a Leading Private Bank is looking out for a strong individual who has complete understanding of the Indian Banking regulatory system as a Techno-Functional expert to be based at Mumbai. Experience in Indian Banking regulatory systems is mandatory.
Job Purpose :
- Defining the regulatory reporting frame-work , along with inputs from consulting firms.
- Implementation of the defined regulatory frame via setting up of processes, people , technology .
- End objective of the unit is to be able to stand scrutiny of RBI wrt
- Quality of reports delivered
- Automation of reports delivered
- Documented processes on report quality and controls
- Timeliness of report delivery
- Consistency of data reported across various reports
- The person needs to be able to drive the change within the bank, working closely with the compliance team on the RBI ask and RISK, Policy ,Operation , IT stake holders to execute.
- The job also involves implementation of a regulatory data lake , wherein the ownership of understanding the data and having controls built around completeness and accuracy lie with the individual and the team.
- This data would then be used for consumption for all regulatory and MIS reporting to be done
AD-Hoc Indent Servicing
1. Setting up team for Regulatory Reporting Unit
2. Lead a team that can Understand Ad-hock requirement of RBI, formulate structure and data mapping, use tools like PowerBI, Tableau for report designing and delivery, engage with stakeholders for defining data requirements and mapping to reporting requirements.
3. Help operations and compliance users write down data quality and report quality criterions
4. Take ownership and ensure timely delivery of Ad-hock indents to RBI via compliance officers
5. Ensure processes defined under framework are followed and RACI is followed
6. Implementing tools and technology for swift operation of unit
7. Pre-empt and prepare unit for future requirements
Definition of regulatory reporting frame-work
- Translating the recommendations of consultant appointed into concrete phases with clear end goals and dates
- Socilaizing the same across the bank's senior management
- Co-opting various stake holders with end goal of implementation of the frame-work in phased manner
- Definition of the process to be followed for procedural part of the frame work, in accordance with the RACI which has been defined
Setting up of a ad-hoc ident servicing unit
- Setting up of the team
- Identifying the tools
- Setting up processes to be followed
- Laying down governance standards
- Laying down reporting quality standards
- Engagement with agencies for technical resources needed for staffing
- Setting up a regulatory data warehouse leveraging the technologies and investments of the bank consisting of existing regulatory reporting application and data lake
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory reporting done to RBI .e.g. ADF reporting , RBS reporting , AML reporting
- Defining the data needed
- Defining controls and cross references
- Responsible to define the business data dictionary
- Ensure availability of data lineage
- Process to check that business data dictionary is kept update and same for data lineage
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
2. 18-22 years experience in Banking domain and in regulatory reporting/ compliance risk/ compliance / IT for Compliance/IT for reg reporting
3. Experience in managing RBI audits, external and internal audits. Compliance reviews
4. Ability to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify gaps and compliance risks, inadequacy in control and procedure
5. Strong knowledge of or SME knowledge in Banking Products
6. Resilience and are not fazed by challenging situations and conversations
7. Good understanding of Bank's data organization and ability to quickly find data source, organize fields required for reporting, slice and dice data using analytical tools
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.