Director at Renascence Talent Solutions
Views:713 Applications:156 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:152
Vice President - Business Risk & Control - Banks Captive Unit (18-27 yrs)
The right candidate will be responsible for evaluating controls to ensure proactive self-identification of issues and events, root cause analysis, resolution of control deficiencies and provides insight into emerging risks while operating in a very dynamic manner, connecting and building relationships with key partners. The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks across all risk types, in coordination with LOB and assurance activities consistent with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management in Wealth & Investment Management Business.
- Leads control evaluations, which may vary in complexity and risk level, and perform quality reviews of these evaluations. Broad understanding of quality reviews to ensure the accuracy of evaluation scope, test scripts, assessment results, and control deficiencies identified.
- May lead the development, maintenance and execution of control evaluation test scripts and evaluation strategies. Ensures control evaluations are completed on schedule. Maintains and executes the Evidenced-Base Control Evaluation Plan.
- Assesses, documents, and communicates emerging risks, themes and identified control deficiencies to management and risk partners in a timely manner.
- Confirms any control deficiencies discovered during the completion of the control evaluation are properly documented and follow through on reporting, escalation, and resolution.
- Cultivates strong relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Ensures coordination with team, line of business, other business units, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics and provide risk perspective and recommendations as appropriate.
- Completes applicable documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Creates a culture of excellence by proactively attracting, retaining and developing a team of talented and diverse professionals.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork.
- An ability to develop and articulate sound proposals to key stakeholders, and an ability to influence and drive timely decision making.
- Interfaces internally with the team, corporate, line of business, and risk partners. Interfaces externally with third party service providers and industry partners on risk related topics.
- Manages a team of Managers, Associate Managers, Senior Officers, Officers, Senior Associates, and Associates or cross-functional teams in accomplishing goals.
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 18+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 18 years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management demonstrated through work or military experience.
- Audit or internal control evaluation experience.