Vice President - Business Development - IT (8-12 yrs)
Our client is Seeking a seasoned, experienced Enterprise SaaS sales & business development leader to join our growing company's leadership team. In this role, you are responsible for developing and executing sales and go-to-market strategies that help achieve new client sales & revenue goals for the company. The VP of Business Development & Sales will also work closely with other executives to drive strategic direction and resource allocation for the company.
Key Responsibilities :
- Strategic Thinker & Leadership - You- d be driving the Big Picture around Sales and Business Development Strategy. Leading from the front on all important Client facing discussions, while providing direction to the team on the positioning, go-to-market strategy and priority amongst the prospect segments.
- Positioning, Story-telling and Messaging: Position the product & the pitch around the Client's profile & their needs in the most strategic manner; you will shape and inspire the Client's perception towards our platform and products
- Full Sales Cycle Ownership: You- d tactfully and strategically enable the team to follow up with the prospects regularly, host the commercial negotiations and drive the needed urgency towards deal closures.
- Partnerships & Influencer Management: You- d very actively discover, acquire and engage with strategic partners like industry influencers, consultants and resellers to drive an efficient channel of demand creation and client acquisition across multiple geographies
- Team Builder - You are constantly working on building a great, motivated and goal-oriented team - be it hiring, mentoring or enabling the team members.
- Data & Process Driven - You obsess with data, analytics and processes to ensure repeatability and consistency around meeting & exceeding the Quarterly goals and also enabling data led experimentation in short delivery cycles.
- Bias towards Action - You- d be reviewing the team's client pipelines, pointing out obstacles, identifying opportunities and help them win the clients hands-on. You have extreme execution intelligence - you are able to take idea to plan to execution in a flawless and timely manner.
- Consistent Performer - Advisor to the CEO, VP's and to the team for strategic business decisions; you- d set benchmarks of consistently hitting the team's revenue & new client goals
- 8 to 12 years experience in leading Business Development & Sales teams with most of the experience in Enterprise Technology Startup companies is preferred
- Strong understanding of company positioning, pricing and business development strategies for complex Enterprise SaaS Companies
- Extensive experience negotiating terms and closing contracts for business
- Strategic thinker with strong storytelling skills and written communication
- Strong cross-functional partner, particularly with Product, Marketing and Client Management teams
- Entrepreneurial and start-up savvy / risk taking abilities is a must
- Ability to perform at both a high level and aggressive velocity