Vice President/Assistant Vice President - Recovery & Resolution Planning - BFSI (9-17 yrs)
VP/ AVP- Recovery and Resolution Planning, Gurgaon
Job Description - AVP- Recovery and Resolution Planning,
Job Description :
AVP- Recovery and Resolution Planning,
Role Title : AVP- Recovery and Resolution Planning
The Opportunity :
Role purpose (overall high level summary of the role) :
- This is a new role that will support the strategic Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP) team. The RRP team is the custodian of the Group Recovery and Resolution Strategy (and any local requirements), which includes the management of our capabilities to recover in a severe stress and if unsuccessful our ability to be resolved and restructured in an orderly way. The role is responsible to provide high quality, timely and accurate, information, analysis and Reporting to support our three main deliverables;
- RRP Governance and Strategy
- RRP Restructuring and Management Actions
- RRP Management and Delivery
- The role will also support strategic change to improve our planning including efficiencies and improvements in RRP.
- The role holder will be aligned to the Global RRP Office supporting the Central, Regional or Legal Entity team within RRP Governance and Strategy, RRP Restructuring and Management Actions or RRP Management and Delivery to support the or Regional & Legal Entity regulatory requirements. The role will entail:
- Developing the management action standards, controls and documentation to support the identification, design and validation of management actions, and maintaining these in line with regulatory expectations
- Maintaining the Global management actions library in line with the standards across Group, all regions and legal entities, covering both quantitative (recovery capacity) and qualitative information
- Proactive stakeholder engagement with peers and senior management across Functions, Global Business Lines and Legal Entities to ensure the management actions standards and controls are adhered to and the completeness, accuracy and credibility of all management actions
- Supporting management in enhancing, maintaining and testing the Restructuring Strategy
- Assist the development and maintenance of the Group Recovery Plan (GRP) and local plans for submission to regulators
- Supporting Management and Delivery Lead on of the gathering and writing process of required plans and reports
- Coordinating, tracking progress and managing actions around the RRP Management Committee, which reports into the Group Risk Management Meeting (GRMM)
- Help review and challenge submissions and the capabilities maintained within businesses, functions and legal entities to support submissions
- Supporting the delivery of annual process to reassess potential financial interdependency barriers to resolution
- In addition, there will be a need to support across the full scope of RRP activities, and to demonstrate collaboration and flexibility irrespective of activity alignment, in order to meet RRP priorities and required deadlines.
- Governance and Committee Memberships (membership of ExCos, Risk Management Meeting)
- Site MANCO, GSE ExCo
What you'll do :
- Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities (e.g., for Business, Customers and Stakeholders; internal control environment, etc.)
- Impact on the Business/Function
- Support the accurate and timely MI and ad hoc Reporting to Global Treasury in the center, regions or Legal Entities
- Works to ensure that the outputs are of a high quality, reflecting accepted regulatory policy and standards with transparent and robust control procedures that withstand internal and external scrutiny
- Maintain strong collaborative working relationship with agreed stakeholders
- Risk, Liquidity or Capital expertise and knowledge - to help drive explain and commentary
- Proactively manage and improve the quality and consistency of information
- Manage RRP outputs in a timely and accurate way ensuring collaboration with information providers
Customers / Stakeholders :
- Support and provide advisory and reporting support to Global treasury to improve and complete RRP reporting
- Maintain collaborative relationships of mutual trust and respect with internal customers / stakeholders
- Delivery of high quality analytical review and assurance of management actions and other reporting
- Adhere to data governance standards.
- Drive reporting and data quality in partnership with Central, Regional or Legal Entity RRP office and Fin Ops
- Support delivery of key business requirements through projects and BAU
- Support and Respond to regulator requests as required
- Manage relationships and inputs from all areas of the bank
Leadership & Teamwork :
- Support the overall performance of the team to ensure meet the challenges of internal and external demands
- Support colleagues across teams and functions sharing ideas, knowledge and supporting initiatives
- Strong collaboration with Fin Ops
Operational Effectiveness & Control :
- Ensures procedures are designed effectively and operate robustly such that they meet internal and external audit and regulatory expectations, these should be consistent with the global regulatory reporting process standards
- Anticipate, identify and mitigate operational risk in an appropriate, cost effective manner
- Clearly documented process and controls underpinning all MI and analytics production
- Fully documented procedures and BOP
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities) :
- Constantly changing regulatory environment
- Working with Finance change delivery teams to meet future MI challenges
- To provide robust management information to evidence the data model adheres to the regulatory rules and reported in line with the Control and Assurance Framework
- Ensure the delivery or RRP across the three main areas including the Governance and Strategy of RRP deliverables and improvements, the Restructuring and Management Actions analysis to ensure required liquidity or capital capacity and the Management and Delivery of reporting required RRP artifacts and regulatory submissions
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements) :
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings and the impact of new technology. This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by addressing any areas of concern with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements) :
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
By adhering to the bank's agreed processes/procedures - achieving a satisfactory Audit report.
Functional Knowledge :
- Relevant product knowledge and system knowledge
- Organised and works well to deadlines
- Experience in gathering complex information and presenting the information in a digestible manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong data analytical skills
- Personal presence and able to command respect at a senior level
- Strong ability to identify and mitigate risks and apply appropriate controls
- Experience delivering to internal stakeholders such as internal auditors; business functions; etc.
- Proven experience of project delivery, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
- Commercially minded and ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
What you will need to succeed in the role :
- Post graduate/graduate with 10 years of experience preferably in Treasury or Finance regulatory areas
- Experience in report writing and governance management
- Experience in data quality management and remediation
- Strong data/Systems background or a strong risk data or regulatory reporting background is essential
- Strong data mining and analytical skills, including hands on experience in managing large volumes of data with a proven ability to interpret and comment on data issues
- Extensive knowledge of risk regulations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.