Recruiter at Allegis
Views:2992 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President - Anti Money Laundering Officer - AFC Function - Banking (12-20 yrs)
The CLIENT, India Anti Financial Crime Laundering Compliance supports ClientBank businesses in India in managing Financial Crime risks including AML / KYC and is responsible for ensuring related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal CLIENT policies and all applicable local laws and regulations. The role forms part of the India AFC Function with primary coverage of all business divisions across CLIENT India group. For candidates with the relevant seniority or experience, will be conferred.
- The AML Officer's responsibilities include handling and assisting the Head of AFC in carrying out the overall AML/ KYC responsibilities:
- Would be heading the AML function under AFC, managing a team of KYC and transaction monitoring professionals and would be overall in charge of the AML function.
- Drafting and maintenance of local AML/ KYC policies and procedures for CLIENT India and regular updates based on global policy guidelines and changes to local regulatory requirements.
- Overall in charge of the Transaction Monitoring process. Defining rules, processes and implementation.
- Deciding on new or existing relationships that are escalated by the business divisions, or deciding to escalate further.
- Review and advice on queries and issues related to KYC / AML raised to the AML team.
- Review of on New Product Approvals and Smartsourcing initiatives for India where appropriate.
- Regular interface with relevant regulators i.e RBI, SEBI, FIU or any other government agency and ensure timely response to any regulatory requests. Act as the Principal Officer for the Bank
- Investigation of unusual and suspicious transactions and activities escalated to AML timely preparation of suspicious transaction reports and reporting to FIU, and maintaining the Suspicious Transaction Reporting log. - Timely preparation and coordination with business for all the periodic and ad-hoc reports to be filed to the FIU or other regulators as per the regulatory guidelines.
- Providing timely response and MIS to all internal enquiries and requirement from the regional /Global AFC and publish Mis to local management.
- Performing Quality assurance on the AFC activities in line with the Global Assurance program and maintain local AFC assurance control process.
- Performing local AML Risk Analysis and providing all the regular AML MIS for CLIENT India, as assigned from time to time.
- Excellent technical AML knowledge skills and experience, and demonstrated hands-on experience
- Understanding of investment banking, corporate banking and retail Banking products and services, and risk profile of each category.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail.
- Performance orientation
- Teamwork and communication
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Graduate / Post graduate in Accounting or finance streams. Candidates with professional degrees would be desired.
- Relevant AML or related certifications (desirable) (CAMS, CFE, IntDipAML)