HR at Vibgyorhigh
Views:1530 Applications:452 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
VIBGYOR High - Business Partner - Finance (10-25 yrs)
Requirements from finance business partners
- Finance business partners actively influence day to day decisions, shaping strategy and the direction of the business
- They are the interface or - translator- between finance and operations
- They are commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs of both operations and management
- They have strong core business skills including influencing, stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Successful finance business partnering is a way of thinking, at the heart of which is problem-solving
- They interpret data, order and assess its value and then present the findings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and concise way
- They can draw on - big- and - small- data, selecting the appropriate tools to manipulate, analyse and interpret it in sophisticated, audience-appropriate ways
- They must be able to form and stand over their opinions, have a well-developed sense of ethics and be prepared to stand up for these principles
- They should be comfortable with risk and working with ambiguity
- They learn from the past but are future orientated
The expectation for finance to add greater value to the business is growing. Successful finance business partners are seen as leaders that can influence the decisions that a business makes to maximise shareholder value and return.
Key skills - Communicating
The role sees finance business partners interpreting the raw data and communicating this clearly especially to colleagues outside the finance function in marketing, sales, production; a role which puts them at the heart of the business. The task is to take the fragments of data, order them, assess their value and then present the findings to the relevant stakeholders in a meaningful way. The opportunity is to become the interface or - translator- between the languages of finance and operations, to tell the story, to paint a compelling picture. Success in this role requires a mix of commercial acumen, analytical skills and an ability to build relationships, to communicate effectively and to persuade.
People skills are critical. The effective finance business partner is adaptable and can deliver the information in a digestible way to their audience, with clarity and appropriate to specific audiences. This is especially important when the message is one the audience may not wish to hear, for example informing sales that they have overstated their margin. This is when the finance business partner must challenge, coach and motivate. In addition, successful finance business partners must also be able to identify and win over key stakeholders, to build relationships and persuade in order to achieve their objectives.
Primary Purpose: To act as finance business partner and collaborate with business heads to meet needs of specific businesses in a rapidly growing environment.
Key Accountabilities/Activities: The candidate would work closely with the business teams and participate in the entire finance business cycle right from budgeting, management reporting and supervising the accounting of specific business.
Detailed job description is as follows:
Budgeting and Management reporting
- Prepare business forecast for a period of 3 years with estimated revenue as well as estimated expenses in close coordination with Business CEOs
- Prepare annual estimated budget covering estimated revenue as well as estimated expenses, in close coordination with Business CEOs
- Revisit budget and business forecast on a quarterly basis based on the actual performance
- Preparation of Monthly P&L for MIS purposes (overall as well as qua each project/business) & comparison with Budgets
- Review of performance along with business heads on a monthly basis and identify key deviations from the approved budgets
- Identify a suitable course of action to achieve the budget/ business forecast
- Preparation of cash flow budget on a quarterly basis
- Assisting business team in procurement function which would include comparative analysis of multiple quotes received, review commercial agreements for the businesses, etc
- Vendor ledger scrutiny for various categories of expenses for benchmarking purposes
Accounting, receivable and payable function`
- Oversee accounting function for the specific business
- Scrutiny of ledgers, reconciliation of accounts receivable/ payables and ageing report
- Perform period end functions including cost allocation, provisions and consolidation
- Assist central team in finalization of accounts as well as tax compliances, on need basis
- Enable all commercial support
- Helping the business heads with financial viability studies for new investments/ business initiatives
- Where bank funding is planned for the business, work towards preparing necessary project plans and supporting documents to be provided to banker
1. A Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant or MBA (Finance) with 10-25 years of experience in the field of finance business partner.
2. Good analytical skills with an eye for detailing
3. Good communication skills
4. Knowledge and ability to read and summarize contracts
5. Ability to work with cross functional teams
6. Awareness and knowledge of Accounting, Taxation, GST
7. Well versed with accounting softwares
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.