HR at Viacom18 Media Private Limited
Views:1376 Applications:426 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Viacom18 - Senior Manager - Contracts Management - Legal & Regulatory (1-5 yrs)
Role Summary/Write up for Linkedln:
- Provide legal support to (a) motion pictures business, (b) English entertainment business of the Company as well as (c) a subsidiary company involved in line production of content; in connection with the production/ acquisition of feature films, web-series, short films, etc., licensing agreements and other commercial contracts, ad-hoc documentation, transactions and advisory); provide legal counsel and services to the officers and senior management of the Company regarding intellectual property rights and various aspects of copyright, contract and other corporate and commercial laws as well as deal structuring
- In addition to the media business, the selected candidate will, in parallel also be supporting the Admin and HR functions of the company in all day to day legal requirements
1. Structure, negotiate, review and draft agreements in connection with the production, acquisition, marketing, distribution and exploitation of the various rights in various kinds of audio-visual content.
2. Assist and advise the business team members of the films and English Entertainment business regarding various legal and commercial issues involved in business and commercial transactions, including the scope of intellectual property and other contractual rights and obligations of the Company under various agreements, and contract management.
3. Conduct necessary due diligence, rights check prior to acquisition or exploitation of content including creation, maintenance and periodic updation of the rights management database and other reports and checklists.
4. Assist and advise the officers and senior management of the Company with respect to contractual rights and obligations, intellectual property rights and dispute resolution.
5. Consultation and coordination with the external advocates and counsel of the Company.
Personal characteristics / Behaviours: Enthusiastic, well-organized, ethical, hard-working team player (with the ability to work independently, in a fast paced environment and under pressure, if required), willingness to learn, ability to multi-task and work with changing priorities, solution oriented approach.
Special skills: Strong drafting and negotiating skills, commercial deal making skills, excellent English communication, strong advocacy skills and good understanding of copyright and general contract laws.
Needs to be able to un-learn whatever the candidate has learned previously, needs to be open minded, willing and flexible to learn a new business from scratch.
- Should not consider candidates who have only worked in at law firms, or have worked for majority of their career at law firms and have specialized/ primarily handled transaction based work/ contracts (eg. Capital Markets, PE, M&A, VC, Infrastructure, Funding based work, etc), or have only worked at Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO) companies, unless they have extensively worked on hard-core commercial contract drafting/ contracts redlining projects with MNC companies (and not merely contract abstraction or document review projects).
- They should have a solid general commercial contracting background, and are ready and willing to make a complete shift in the sector and type of work.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.