HR at Vestas Wind Technology India Pvt Ltd
Views:1404 Applications:294 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vestas - Specialist - Supply Chain (15-18 yrs)
From the very beginning it became clear to me that in Vestas you can shape your own role. You are indeed able to make your own footprint. At Vestas you have the opportunity to challenge status quo and I truly enjoy working here amongst extremely dedicated people in a constantly changing environment. It is an open atmosphere where people support each other and at the same time challenge each other.
Anne Høj Schibsbye, Senior Director, Powertrain, Global Procurement at Vestas
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
SCM EBSC > Procurement Services > Cost Engineering
This role is a part of Global Services to work as Supply chain Specialist, Building a robust Supply Chain in New markets Worldwide. Cost Engineering is a part of Procurement Services_EBSC Chennai, Supporting global Procurement and Vestas facilities globally
- Supervise and develop the exploration and build-up of local supply chains to meet local content requirements. This activity is done in collaboration with the local sales team, regional procurement office, global modular teams, and regional manufacturing
- Propel the analysis to identify the best landed cost for the components in scope, summarize in business case to support the local content requirements
- Represent global procurement in the local content project team
- Perform risk management on the local supply chain and work on mitigation actions
- Be a focused member of the Global Procurement Business Development team and the regional procurement organisation
- Identify, negotiate, qualify, and handle local suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in Mechanical / Production
- Minimum of 15 years of Techno commercial experience with Solid Sourcing & Manufacturing Background
- Solid experience with Supplier identification, qualification, Negotiation and other Supplier Development related activities
- Efficient Negotiation & solid supplier management skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of Wind turbine parts and configurations
- Knowledge about Global supply chain for Key components will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Presentation skills on techno commercial matters to Management and Stake holders
- Product Costing Knowledge will be an added advantage
- Working Knowledge on SAP
What We Offer :
An exciting opportunity to work in partnership with a truly Global team to support development & delivery of Technical & safety training courses for various WTG types. A job that comes with plenty of opportunities complemented with opportunities to be creative and innovative
Additional Information :
The work location is in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Please be advised to apply on or before 30 Nov 2022.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.