HR at Vestas Wind Technology India Pvt Ltd
Views:242 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vestas - Manager - Field Support - APC (5-10 yrs)
From the very beginning it became clear to me that in Vestas you can shape your own role. You are indeed able to make your own footprint. At Vestas you have the opportunity to challenge status quo and I truly enjoy working here amongst extremely dedicated people in a constantly changing environment. It is an open atmosphere where people support each other and at the same time challenge each other.
Anne Høj Schibsbye, Senior Director, Powertrain, Global Procurement at Vestas
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a main motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
User Productivity & Digital Foundation > Infrastructure Delivery & Support > Field Support
As a regional Team manager for IT Field Support in APAC you will be part of Infrastructure Delivery and Support, that is delivering and orchestrating IT service towers in Vestas Infrastructure in order to provide seamless end-end operation and support to Vestas end users.
Your responsibility will be to supervise the regional field support team, see that its in size and competences is fit for purpose and activity level, and ensure close collaboration with local stakeholders in the region, IT architect colleagues, your colleagues in Service Delivery and Support and other operations and support teams. You and your team members will be the face of IT in the region, and it is therefore evident that you are service minded, flexible and can seek ways to bridge any gaps the sites have to Vestas global standards.
- You will be overseeing and orchestration support of users working in both offices and in our production facilities which entails support of end users as well as daily maintenance of the IT infrastructure. On request your team will also be supporting building and infrastructure projects in need for hands on at specific sites.
Your team will be responsible for:
- Handling of swap stocks for Pc, tablets, mobile phones and take care of any reuse possible meeting room, printers, patching
- Create and maintain site specific documentation
- Ensuring that infrastructure at sites are setup and maintained according to Vestas Global standards
- You will effectively engage with local stakeholders and the regional business partners to understand business and sites needs, especially when it comes to increased or decreased activity levels in the region and at specific sites. You will adapt Field Support presence accordingly and you will effectively engage in dialogue with stakeholders at the sites in question, so they always are updated on any changes to local presence of Field Supporters.
Your will oversee and supervise:
- On-site presence according to activity levels at site
- On-site delivery issues e.g. performance deficiencies, SLA breaches, User satisfaction, User escalations or complaints, backlog management, great technology refresh or upgrades, and configuration needs.
Team member performance e.g. communication skills, knowledge, handle time, and resolution quality according to agreed KPI's as well as ensuring delivery of agreed project activities.
- Staff planning, schedules, ticket management, Critical incident handling.
- Escalations for End-User and manufacturing Equipment and other devices on-site support and operational issues.
- The identification, formulation and prioritization of improvement initiatives not directly related to Field Staff core services or innovative by business demand/request (i.e. cost optimizations, upgrades, technology shifts).
- Local vendors supplying Field Supporters to your team to ensure that they fulfill their contractual, process, on-site delivery and resolution obligations.
- Maintenance of the usage of relevant processes within Field Support
- Administration of End-User and manufacturing Equipment and other devices including operational set-up, meeting compliance requirements, and maintaining facility risks.
- Your regional team will have the responsibility for a portfolio of sites, where resources are present according to demand and activity level and travel will therefore be required for doing both normal operation and for project work.
- Degree in IT, data technician or similar education
- Highly IT literate (IT drivers)
- Fluent in English oral and written
- Efficient understanding of the set of IT Services provided by a Global IT organisation of Vestas size and the IT infrastructure technologies that supports and enables them (windows client, servers , network equipment and infrastructure, remote datacenters and infrastructure technologies in general)
- Experience with Vendor collaboration, Service Delivery Management, and ITIL Process Management.
- A motivated communicator, policy maker and influencer, able to work with users, senior level management and peers
- A service-minded person who is able to make yourself heard, understood and respected by suppliers, colleagues and management.
- Innovative, structured and methodological and you have proven experience with implementing teams and planning staffing.
- A multi-cultural understanding and you enjoy working in teams with varieties of different roles and responsibilities.
- Proven abilities within stakeholder engagement and collaboration
- The ability to act in a innovative work environment, where a creative approach is key.
- The ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as being able to take ownership in exciting situations
prioritization abilities and do not lose the overview even when there is a priority on you from your surroundings.
What We Offer :
- You will be a vital member of a team that is the face of the IT organization in the region and therefore also key to the perception of IT in Vestas. You will be working together with Vestas vendors, internal architects and your Service Delivery Management and Subject Matter Expert colleagues in Global IT and you will be involved in the implementation, adoption and optimization of key services to Vestas end-users and through that be exposed to a variety of management tasks and solutions.
Furthermore, you will get the chance to engage with a large array of stakeholders also outside Vestas Global IT.
All of this will happen in a professional, multicultural environment where the Vestas values:
Accountability, Collaboration and Simplicity are central to your success
Additional Information :
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai, India
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30 November 2022.