Talent Acquistion Manager at Vernacular.ai
Views:1430 Applications:377 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:54
Vernacular.ai - Vice President - Finance (10-15 yrs)
About Vernacular.ai :
Vernacular.ai is a Series A funded AI-First SaaS firm enhancing customer experience through intelligent voice conversations. We are on a mission to streamline the contact centers. Our industry leading platform VIVA automates responses to voice calls in 10+ different Indian languages in 100+ dialects. Currently, we have deployed our product in enterprise contact centers and are delivering high value. We are a young, entrepreneurial, energetic team that's looking to disrupt the voice domain.
The future is voice-first and our vision is to be a leading voice intelligence company in the world with sophisticated, differentiated, and unique voice/language technology
- Customer First
- Take ownership and deliver results
- Bias for Action
- Strive for excellence
- Disagree and Commit
Role Description :
- You will play a significant role to help keep our finances insightful and instrumental to our continued success. As the VP of Finance, you will be responsible to perform effective risk management and plan the organization's financial strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Global Enterprise SaaS company. The Vice President will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyze, strategize, and grow our financial position.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization's liabilities and investments. Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Ensure compliance with the law and company's policies
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company's financial strategy and hiring needs
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day- to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow including policy of regular Financial MIS
- Direct financing strategies, analysis, forecasting and budget management
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting
- Facilitates implementation of new systems (including payroll, HRMS, accounting etc.) and building an accounting department as the company grows
- Assisting senior management in financial planning, results management and other interactions with investors. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets
- Master's degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance. CA/CS degree is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in executive leadership positions
- At least ten years of experience in the financial function of a company is required.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning in India, US and SEA
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Executive experience with SaaS business models and their associated revenue recognition is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a growing start up environment is strongly preferred