Velocity - Head - Finance - CA (5-10 yrs)
A Fintech company is looking for an experienced Head Finance , to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- This opportunity is for anyone who wants to train to be a future CFO It allows re-engineering and building processes, development of leadership skills, and the experience of managing Finance and Accounts.
- The Head Finance - Finance & Accounts, will be responsible for overseeing all finance, accounting, and reporting activities.
- The role will hold functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and administration.
- Ensuring all the internal and external deadlines are met such as invoicing, taxation, audit
- Communicating and coordinating with internal teams to deliver solutions
- This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- To ensure direct and indirect tax compliance and file GST, TDS, Income Tax, and any other statutory return applicable to the company on time
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Liasoning with investors and regulators
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Assist the management in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Skills and Qualifications :
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance and risk management
- CA with good analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Experience in NBFC, Fintech will be an added Advantage