Manager - Talent Acquisition - Tech & Products at Vedantu
Views:148 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vedantu - Senior Product Manager - B2C Segment (5-10 yrs)
Responsibilities - What to expect from the role?
The Growth team at Vedantu works on unlocking growth opportunities for the company. This encompasses the whole gamut from BAU expected of a PM to identifying short term growth levers & delivering business impact as well as identifying the next big growth opportunities for the org and making a strong case for funding these opportunities. So, the ideal candidate should be able to easily straddle between the day-to-day execution as well as painting the big picture from time to time.
The Growth team works on all stages of the growth funnel - acquisition, activation, engagement and finally monetization. We strongly encourage the Growth PMs to think about growth loops leading to strong flywheel and network effects.
To be successful in this role, the following traits are essential:
- Growth Mindset
- Comfort with ambiguity and the chaos of a fast-paced environment - We don- t have all the answers and we- re hoping you'll play an important role in helping us find those answers! The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and navigating tough situations to steer the team in the right direction. Influencing without authority is what PMs need to be good at and this role will demand a lot of it.
- We have very ambitious goals and hence the ideal candidate will be excited by these big hairy audacious goals and is willing to do whatever it takes to set the product up for success
- Bias for action and showing a sense of urgency are critical in this role - the answer to most questions will be - we needed this as of yesterday!-
- This is an IC role. So, there will be a lot of emphasis on execution excellence. Some of our products/initiatives are in the 0 to 1 stage or transitioning from this stage to the 1 to 10 stage. So, the ideal candidate should have experienced the 0 to 1 phase in the past and should have helped scale the product from this phase into the next phase of growth.
- In this role the ideal candidate should exhibit a high level of Product Sense. He/She will constantly have to make sense of multiple pieces of discrete information in the form of user research led insights and empirical evidence through experiments to put together a cohesive roadmap, execute on it and deliver business outcomes.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong empathy for students and understand their needs and motivations (both stated and latent) really well. These insights will shape the product roadmap.
Required Skills and Experience - What are we expecting from you?
- Experienced as a Product Manager (5+ years), with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
- User-focused; keeping the customer at the heart of everything, while having a strong awareness of the business impact
- Can operate independently and is fully responsible for a product area
- A team player with excellent communication skills; agile, creative and tenacious, who can thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills to identify the best approach to build successful products
- Data-driven; taking decisions based on facts rather than opinions or assumptions
- Experienced at scoping, planning and prioritization and can successfully use known methods to tackle the problem at hand
- Is skilled at applying PM best practices and can effectively lead the work of their product development team, with little or no mentoring and support from more senior product managers
- Can clearly articulate how their product area contributes to the broader business objectives and what problem it solves, not only for the end user but also for internal processes related to the service
- Past experience in edutech space is a plus
Krishna Mohan Gadi (VP Products) - linkedin.com/in/krishna-mohan-gadi-416b156