Manager - Talent Acquisition - Tech & Products at Vedantu
Views:202 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vedantu - Director/AVP - Product Management - B2C Segment (8-15 yrs)
Responsibilities - What to expect from the role?
The Growth team at Vedantu works on unlocking growth opportunities for the company. This encompasses the whole gamut from BAU expected of a PM to identifying short term growth levers & delivering business impact as well as identifying the next big growth opportunities for the org and making a strong case for funding these opportunities.
The Growth team works on all stages of the growth funnel - acquisition, activation, engagement and conversion/monetization. We strongly encourage the Growth PMs to think about growth loops leading to strong flywheel and network effects.
We're looking for a senior product leader to manage a team of PMs to lead the growth charter end to end from acquisition to monetization. This leader should have worked on building delightful app & web storefront experiences for well respected consumer products and delivered user and revenue growth for the company in the process.
While a large part of this role is around setting the strategy & direction for the charter and ensuring the team is delivering well on it, the ideal candidate should be able to get into the trenches with the team and help whenever required.
This role will report directly to the Head of Product and will work closely with the founders and other leaders in the company.
To be successful in this role, the following traits are essential:
- Growth Mindset
- Comfort with ambiguity and the chaos of a fast-paced environment - We don- t have all the answers and we- re hoping you'll play an important role in helping us find those answers! The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and navigating tough situations to steer the team in the right direction. Influencing without authority is what PMs need to be good at and this role will demand a lot of it.
- We have very ambitious goals and hence the ideal candidate will be excited by these big hairy audacious goals and is willing to do whatever it takes to set the product up for success
- Bias for action and showing a sense of urgency are critical in this role - the answer to most questions will be - we needed this as of yesterday!-
- Servant leadership - Earning the respect of your team and stakeholders by walking the talk. Our founders lead from the front in this area and we expect the same of all our leaders
- Some of our products/initiatives are in the 0 to 1 stage or transitioning from this stage to the 1 to 10 stage. So, the ideal candidate should have experienced the 0 to 1 phase in the past and should have helped scale the product from this phase into the next phase of growth.
- In this role the ideal candidate should exhibit a high level of Product Sense & Product Strategy.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong empathy for students and understand their needs and motivations (both stated and latent) really well. These insights will shape the product roadmap.
Required Skills and Experience - What are we expecting from you?
- Experienced as a Product Leader (at least 8 years), with a proven track record of shipping impactful products and delivering strong business outcomes
- Experienced in building and leading high performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technology and coming up with long term Product roadmaps aligned to the company's strategic direction
- Ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders and influence senior leaders to align on the right path forward for the product and secure sponsorship for key bets
- User-focused; keeping the customer at the heart of everything, while having a strong awareness of the business impact
- Lead from the front on execution excellence and raise the bar in the team
- A team player with excellent communication skills; agile, creative and tenacious, who can thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Data-driven; taking decisions based on facts rather than opinions or assumptions
Pulkit Jain (Head of Products) - linkedin.com/in/jainpulkit
Krishna Mohan Gadi (VP Products) - linkedin.com/in/krishna-mohan-gadi-416b156