Vedantu - Category Manager - Growth/Strategy/P&L - IIT/NIT/IIM/FMS/MDI/XLRI (4-6 yrs)
Category Manager would extensively support in managing the P&L for a category. He/She would be responsible to prioritize projects, their management and execution through collaboration with various teams. He/She would use data and analysis to develop and enhance the category further. After performing research on product trends and customer demand, he/she would develop strategies for new or updated products that could improve their category's overall performance. He/She would also work with the marketing/product/sales team and build partnerships in the industry to promote a category's products while cutting costs and increasing product sales. He/She would monitor the performance of both individual products and their category overall. This involves using data to determine the best- and worst-performing products, creating profit and loss statements, and assessing performance against competitors. Using this information, he/she would assess their product and category strategies and develop solutions to improve performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the category, manage its development, identify and eliminate obstacles that prevent the team from achieving their goals and ensure effective communication within/across project teams.
- Create a roadmap for category development and delivery.
- Define metrics and analyze data to measure engagement levels and performance of students.
- Track and use the user feedback and data to improve product quality. Constantly look for ways to improve engagement levels and performance of the students through improvement in pedagogy and content design.
- Understanding and implementing project management practices. Managing and delivery of projects from conceptualization, visualization to technology mapping and final execution of projects
- Work deeply with marketing and product team to create new properties for driving engagement and increase qualified leads
- Identify tech-based intervention for improving sales efficiency and work with tech team to get it implemented on time
- Should be able to dive deeper into sales funnel and implement tech, marketing or any other initiative to achieve aggressive growth
- Should be able to create a coherent plan for improving sales in a proactive way and not reactive way
- Explore new sales channels, run experiment and build new channels bottoms up
- Work with sales target on increasing conversion through lead qualification
- Maintain Monthly and Daily active users at target levels
- Overall 4+ years of experience with at least 2 years in Category/P&L management
- Minimum 2 year of experience working in a startup environment.
- Should have worked deeply with sales/product/marketing team preferably on user base growth plans
- Good communication and strong analytical skills
- B.Tech/B.E/ MBA from top Tier colleges