Director at Blanket Hospitality Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Views:7039 Applications:367 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:128
Vedanta Wake up! - Vice President - Operations (1-10 yrs)
Vedanta Wake up! is a unique established business model which has redefined and disrupted the Indian hospitality sector by creating a niche that marries affordabality with standardisation of product & service
Vedanta Wake up! hostels were conceptualized in 2011 with the vision of creating a safe and unique environment for guests to meet each other, get to know about each other, share travel advice, discover friendships and most importantly to have an experience whereby they are able to better connect to the city they are visiting through the bonds they have developed with those who were once complete strangers
Goal - Vice President of Operations is responsible for managing the overall operation of multiple hostels through maintaining cost and quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations. Examines, analyzes and evaluates operations of assigned hotels to ensure adherence to established brand standards and policies by performing the following duties.
- In partnership with each assigned Hotel Manager and the Operations team, develop short term action plans as well as long range goals that will aid in the achievement of each property's defined performance metrics
- Conduct regular property visits at each hotel to achieve the following:
- Assess the performance of the property's leadership team
- Evaluate progress against defined goals and action plans, updating them as necessary
- Review the property's financial performance through a comprehensive review of the operating statement
- Ensure that the asset is being properly maintained and that life safety programs and practices are being enforced by thoroughly inspecting the hotel - exterior, public areas, back of the house, guest rooms and corridors
- Engage in and evaluate the effectiveness of the sales and revenue management processes
- Evaluate the guest experience by observing and interacting with guests and employees and by reviewing Brand performance reports, TripAdvisor rankings, etc.
- Assess the level of employee satisfaction by speaking with employees at all levels
- Conduct audits to determine compliance with Company policies and Brand standards
- Source, interview, hire, train, coach and conduct performance evaluations for property Managers
- Participate in and approve the selection of all department heads and key supervisory employees at assigned hotels
- Effectively manage the employee experience across the assigned region, seeking ways to attract, develop and retain employees at all levels
- Foster a positive, professional working environment in all hotels
- Assist hotel management teams in timely, accurate and thorough completion of all goals, plans and reports
- Critically analyze each hotel's performance on an ongoing basis through the use of the reports made available by the Company, providing performance feedback and incorporating into action plans as appropriate
- Actively engage in the development of the annual revenue and operating budgets for each hotel in the region
- Attend and actively participate in relevant Board meetings upon request.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.