Talent Acquisition at RJ Corp
Views:3068 Applications:274 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Varun Beverages Limited/RJ Corp - Plant HR Head (13-16 yrs)
Job Title : HR Head
Grade : M05/06
Work Location: Nepal
Language : should be able to speak/understand Nepali
Background / Context:
- Varun Beverages Ltd manufactures and markets carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks under the Pepsi brand umbrella. The beverage portfolio includes iconic refreshment brands Pepsi, 7 Up, Mirinda and Mountain Dew, in addition to low calorie options like Diet Pepsi, hydrating and nutritional beverages such as Aquafina drinking water, Juice based drink Slice.
- The group enjoys a healthy market share of 52% vis-- -vis competition in the geographical domain that it operates
- This role is part of the Plant Management team and acts as the Human Resource specialist for the plant. This role will also be the single point contact for all the corporate HR initiatives at the plant and will work closely with the other HR resources in the corporate office.
Job Purpose :
The purpose of the role is to facilitate healthy and sustainable employee relation practices in one of the plants of VBL. The incumbent will also be responsible for the execution of the organizational HR strategy in the plant.
The accountabilities of this role will be under the following main areas:
- Employee Relations
- Statutory compliance
- Management of litigations
- Business HR support
- Administration and security
Specifically, the key accountabilities of this role include:-
- Suggest and implement healthy, cordial and proactive employee relations at the plant.
- Suggest and implement a strategy for negotiating long term agreements with Unions (wherever Union exists) and assist in the execution of wage agreements from time to time.
- Effectively manage Contractual/ Casual/ Fixed Term workmen in line with the Labour Laws and as per the organizational requirements.
- Support line managers on handling employee grievances and facilitate resolution of grievances with a view to ensuring industrial harmony and positive discipline.
- Execute and facilitate disciplinary actions whenever required.
- Facilitate implementation of worker development programs and continuous improvement programs for employee involvement like Total quality management, small group activities and other innovative HR practices.
- Local Liasioning
- Implementation of labour laws and adherence of statutory compliance at the plant.
- Impart adequate knowledge of labour laws to the line managers.
- Facilitate compliance audits at the plant pertaining to labour laws.
Management of litigations:
- Manage and monitor labour related court/legal matters at the plant, actively interfacing with Company advocates and legal counsel.
- Assist in the development of strategy for labour law litigations and facilitate settlement of cases as per organisational expectations.
Business HR Support:
- Effective implementation of approved Manpower planning including talent acquisition at the plant.
- Develop and implement a resourcing plan for W & S category of employees for the plant. Drive the selection process through appropriate recruitment strategies.
- Partner communication and actively participate in the implementation of employee engagement & change management initiatives in the plant.
- Support the assessment and capability building of the employees at the plant.
- Support the implementation of HR initiatives like Talent Management, performance management, reward & recognition, employee policies, training & development initiatives at the plant.
Administration and Security:
- Effectively manage upkeep of Organisational assets (infrastructure).
- Effectively manage security of Organisational assets and its people.
- Effective utilization of Manpower transport facility.
- Safety/ Health
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
Post graduate degree or diploma in Human Resource management / Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from Institute of repute. Knowledge of labour laws is essential.
13+ years post qualification work experience. Must have managed Industrial Relations in manufacturing setup.
- Business Awareness
- Good networking/ influencing skills
- Ability to engage with, pursue and influence plant/line managers
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to work in teams with a diverse set of team members
- Ability to lead and drive change management initiatives
- The role will administratively report to the Plant Head and functionally to Head ER & Welfare.
- The role will have external interface with the Labour authorities like the Labour commissioners, Factory Inspectors and other labour law related statutory authorities, Local Administration, Police and also Advocates & Counsels for legal matters