Principal Consultant at Valuepedia
Views:1781 Applications:283 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:227
Valuepedia - Partner - Transaction Advisory (6-8 yrs)
Partner - Transaction and Advisory
Job Responsibilities / KRAs :
Prior exposure of Investment Banking, Boutique I-Banking firm, startup advisory, Venture Capital firm or experience in M&A transactions.
1. Lead origination across sectors and stages i.e. (fundraise / M&A opportunities to advise)
2. Lead evaluation (including sector research, building sector thesis, detailed evaluation of the financials, deck and business plans, interviewing founders / CEOs, competitive landscaping
3. Structuring deal mandates and related negotiations with founders / CEOs, including advising founders / CEOs, managing their expectations.
4. Creating high-quality collateral documents - Teasers, Information Memorandum, Management Presentations, Marketing Pitches, iterating IMs & FMs.
5. Design and build business plans/ financial models. Work on the valuation using multiple methodologies including DCF and relative valuation for on-going transactions.
6. Identifying and sourcing potential targets (potential investors / strategic acquirers) and marketing the opportunities across target list & potential investors.
7. Client management including building and maintain relationships with clients, prospective clients, investors and other professional advisors.
8. Managing the negotiations and term sheets (valuation as well as other terms)
9. Managing the Financial, Legal Due Diligence processes, conditions precedent.
10. Managing the drafting and execution of SHA and SSA
11. Managing other deal-closure processes like Board Meetings, EGMs etc.
Skill Sets Required:
1. Strong track record of fundraising transactions, particularly in start-up advisory and VC domain, should have worked on at least 5 transactions / Deals.
2. Strong client management skills
3. Ownership and accountability of work is key
4. Good relationships with investors, including HNIs, AIF, VC Funds, Family Offices, and Institutional Investors
5. Ability to understand the dynamics of various sectors, including business models, strategy and key differentiators
6. Strong skills in presentations, report writing, financial analysis and data management
7. Ability to manage a variety of transactions across sectors simultaneously
8. A critical thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze companies and their financial information
9. Ability to strategize on focused research, database searches and synthesize results
10. Resourceful self-starter, able to work autonomously and independently
11. Strong written and verbal communication skills.