Urban Company - Business Finance Analyst (2-4 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be working as part of the Finance team @ Urban Company and will be expected to perform the key task of aligning and automating Financial reporting needs between Finance, Analytics, and various Business Units / departments.
1. Developing SQL/Jarvis/Looker queries for preparation of key Finance deliverables like Monthly MIS reports, Budgeted vs Actual performance analysis, City level financial and business analysis, Trending forecasts, AOP etc
2. Developing queries to enable recording, presentation, and automation of new P&L line items into regular MIS reports, which may come up with new business initiatives / internal process re-alignments.
3. Working with different departments within the organization (SCM, HR, Quality, Operations, Marketing) to understand their key reporting requirements, and suggesting best ways to present data for everyday tracking and business performance reporting (using both graphical and tabular reports).
4. Developing Tableau Dashboards from scratch -
a. Defining reporting requirements with departmental HODs / FP&A Lead, and marrying the same with org. reporting needs
b. Recommending ways to present data on Tableau and finalizing reporting formats
c. Setting up internal processes with Analytics team to ensure collection and update of data on dashboard created
d. Continuous improvement based on evolving needs of org / department
5. The employee will work with both Business Finance and Core Finance teams from time to time. However, primary reporting shall rest within Business Finance.
Additional tasks (that shall come up as the employee grows into his/her role):
5. Assisting Business Finance Managers / Leaders with key analysis of critical business parameters from time to time, as well as on adhoc basis (based on requirement).
6. Generating insights into and providing recommendations on improving Business Performance.
7. Regularly coordinating with key stakeholders to update and improve upon the existing business metrics derived from Jarvis / Tableau, and leading projects proactively to improve overall financial reporting & analysis.
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate / Post Graduate in IT with 2-4 years of experience in Business Analytics / Data analysis / Data intelligence.
- Should have good knowledge of Jarvis, Tableau, SQL, VBA and MS Excel.
- Should be from an IT background but having exposure in a Business Analyst/Financial Analyst/Data analyst role in the past
- Should have worked on Tableau Dashboard development in the past.
- Should be professional and confident enough to work directly on projects with top management.
- Smart and responsible individual with high integrity, ownership, and a willingness to grow.
Skills Required: MS Excel, SQL, Tableau, Basic accounting concepts (mandatory); VBA, R, Python (preferred)
Tools exposed to: Jarvis, Looker, Oracle ERP
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.