Talent Acquisition Manager at UPL Ltd.
Views:7988 Applications:626 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
UPL Limited - Regional Planning Manager - India (10-14 yrs)
Job Title: Planning Manager India
Reports To: Head of Operations and Supply Chain
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Key leadership function within India Business Unit, reporting directly to the Head of Operations and Supply Chain India. This position will require an experienced professional with solid background in S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) and strong interpersonal and leadership skills in order to facilitate and drive results in a challenging environment. This role will be targeted to build and implement a world class S&OP process across the region to improve customer satisfaction, profitability, inventory turns and working capital. Going forward this person will be given additional role of Logistics / Warehousing / Distribution for India Region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the establishment and execution of the global S&OP processes for the India Business Unit.
- Coordinate S&OP process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance as defined by the organization's business targets.
- Partnering with Marketing and Sales to ensure the effective supply & demand process ensuring gaps and overlaps are duly addressed, scenarios are complete and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with other key functions, including Finance, Procurement, Customer Services, Marketing and Sales to provide appropriate and accurate data to be reviewed at the S&OP process meetings.
- Lead the S&OP operational reviews in India countries, identify gaps and scenarios, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate.
- Evaluate supplier delivery performance and capability, building into the S&OP process risk mitigating approaches to manage supplier's performance.
- Facilitate the S&OP executive reviews, organize the participation of key executives, ensure that accurate data and metrics are available, present critical issues, risks and opportunities and drive decision making.
- Act as a liaison between the Marketing & Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance on product life-cycle management initiatives (e.g. development of new products and SKU rationalization).
- Issue S&OP monthly minutes, communicate key conclusion to stakeholders and perform follow up of the critical actions.
- Drive actions with countries to improve forecast accuracy and bias.
- Consolidate and report KPIs (DPO, DSO, OTIF, Inventory and Accounts Payables, etc.).
- Establish KPI, monitor and improve ongoing performance against set goals. Assure tracking and delivery of KPIs such as COGS deflation, OTIF, Forecast Error and Bias and S&OP rating.
- Serve as a key leader for the implementation of all strategies and initiatives to ensure the S&OP processes reaches and remains a benchmark process within the organization.
- Take responsibility for the management of people resources (when applicable) through good practice, periodic performance appraisal review, competencies assessment and development plan.
- Document and share "best practice" methods, processes and ideas across the Operations and Supply Chain India to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of Business.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BE Degree in Engineering or Business Administration (preferably);
- Project Management and Lean Six Sigma background (desirable);
- 10+ years of experience in demand management, planning & forecasting or other supply chain related area with 5+ years- management level;
- Ability to effectively communicate across top managers and represent supply chain from Planning standpoint;
- Experience in leading, designing and executing S&OP processes;
- Strong leadership skills, along with ability to interact and work with senior leadership;
- Understanding of advanced supply chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow and working capital) is required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting technology or ERP systems is required;
- Proficiency on MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). SAP end user will be a plus;
- Experience at a pharmaceutical, chemical and/or FMCG company is highly preferred;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good influencing, negotiating and communications skills;
- Abilities in both written and verbal communication;
- Strong analytic and problem-solving mindset;
- Work ethic, allowing the incumbent to work closely with local, regional and global teams;
- Motivation to drive change within an organization;
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.