UPL - Lead - Industrial Relations & Liaisoning (15-20 yrs)
In this role, an incumbent is expected to generate and keep harmonized relations with employees and management for reducing conflict / differences. To respect the government, laws and institutions in the nations and following all statutory obligations.
- Building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships, facilitates communications and co-ordination of activities.
- Streamline operations and handle public communications, incident response and conflict resolution.
- Facilitating meetings and cooperation among people, agencies and organizations.
- Identifying problems in communications among these groups.
- Collaborating and communicating with necessary constituents and the public, and conducting post-mortems when an incident is wrapped up.
Local Area Management - Villagers / Government Officials :
- To ensure that the organization earns goodwill from the local population as well as from State Govt.
- To ensure that an organization becomes a center of excellence & become self-reliant in due time.
- To interact with the villagers frequently & develop trust among them to understand their real requirements.
- To visit and interact with Senior Government Authorities for maintaining cordial relations.
Industrial Relations & Employee Relations :
- Analyzes information and data necessary to define and discern cost and policy implications of negotiations and disputes. This may include management and labor organization proposals, pay scales and wages, benefits, working conditions and other mitigating circumstances.
- Uses surveys, interviews, and other studies to conduct research regarding company policies, compensation and other employment issues. After analyzing the information, makes recommendations on changes.
- Research and explain laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors and employees.
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed.
- Represents organization in contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations.
- Collaborates with leadership on matters of policy and terms of memoranda of understanding before and throughout negotiation process.
- Understanding of Compliance aspects applicable to the company
- Handling grievance procedures and Resolving employees' issues and handling complaints to protect the general interests
- Investigating and resolving complex or critical industrial relations issues in a timely and effective manner.
- To take necessary disciplinary actions & follow the procedure as and when required.
Statutory Compliances :
- Ensure Statutory Compliance through coordination with various authorities.
- Liasoning with required statutory authorities or as directed.
- Responding to various Notices from Authorities ensuring closure on the gaps.
- Developing and overseeing control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Evaluating the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Revising procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- To facilitate various welfare activities as per various government legislations and corporate guidance.
- To establish effective communication between management and workers in order to resolve swiftly any and all differences between employer and employee or within the employees to develop the relationship.
- To work for betterment of the employees. Work with both the employee and employer to ensure healthy and safe work environment for the employee.
- Maintaining payroll information by designing systems, directing the collection, calculation and entering of data.
- Maintaining payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with country, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- A desired candidate should be Post Graduation in Labor Laws / IR / MBA - HR with 15 to 20 years of relevant experience of manufacturing sites preferably in Gujarat.
- Must have knowledge of laws, continuous updates and current industry practices. Proven understanding of the role and functions of IR / HR.
Behavioral Skills :
- Strong negotiation skills, stakeholder management, communication and inter personal skills, presentation skills, planned and organized, handling multiple projects and being hands on, quick and fact based decision making, attention to details, adherent to timelines.