UPL - Global Procurement Category Head (12-15 yrs)
Reporting to the Head of Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing, the role will be responsible for the development deployment of Global Procurement Strategy for the key AIs within the Category to lead/support the business growth and deployment of the same in close coordination with the Regional Procurement Teams. The key focus areas of this role includes - Competitive sourcing, COGS improvement, Assurance of Supply through source addition/source change, Supplier Relationship Management for business continuity & sustainability.
This role is part of Global Category team, which is the cross-functional team comprising members from Global Portfolio Management, Global Product Development, Global Supply Chain, Global Regulatory and Global Sourcing.
- Negotiation & Contracting
- Synergy saving /COGS improvement projetcs
- Leading Global negotiations outside China and participate in China negotiations
- Idea generation and execution of projects in conjunction with Supply Chain Category Leads
- Supplier Relationship Management/Risk Management
- Alternate supplier development
- Legal interface with existing Suppliers, such as Supply Agreements, NDAs, MTAs, Registration support agreements etc.
- Need to add alternate suppliers
- Joint development of new Suppliers (externally facing activities, including legal) with AI Contract Mfg. Head (for AIs) and Supply Chain category leads (for Formulations)"
Process/ Operation :
- Global Category Management
- Representing Global Procurement in cross functional category team - single point contact for all sourcing needs
- Source identification/development for AIs associated with new products launches and/or to support Global growth projects"
- AI Procurement Strategy - Development & Execution
- Market insight & Analysis
- Global Procurement Strategy for key AI's (Globally managed and ~ 80% coverage in spend)
- Industry insights & intelligence
12-15 years of experience in Procurement or Strategic Sourcing in any Global organization, Preferably within Agrochemical industry.
Qualification: Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred) with MBA