HR Recruiter at upGrad
Views:3223 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
upGrad - Principal - Data Engineering (6-12 yrs)
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19
upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India
upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program too
Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Data Engineer for building mission critical data-pipelines across all domains at upGrad. We have embarked on a journey to bring in data from all sources internal as well as external into one common data-warehouse; such that its in a form that could be utilized for product and business analytics, power our platform data-products as well as empower our stakeholder teams to pull any data themselves for their respective decision making. We are looking to get an experience data engineer on-board to take this initiative further.
- Own end-to-end - ideation, design, implementation, deployment, adoption and support of the various data-ingestion pipelines from internal and external sources
- Engineer data pipelines ( batch and real-time ) that aids in creation of data-driven products for our platform
- Design, develop and maintain a robust and scalable data-warehouse (We are currently on AWS Redshift)
- Work closely alongside Product managers, data-scientists and business stakeholders to bring the various datasets together and cater to our business intelligence and analytics use-cases
- Monitor and administer all our data services and tech that goes with it
- Strategize with tech leadership on creation, planning, prioritization and execution of our data engineering roadmap
- Research and proposes new workflows/technologies. Lead architecting new systems/technologies/processes to stay current and move the bottom line.
- Makes others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related engineering discipline
- At least 6+ years experience with ETL, Data Mining, Data Modeling, and working with large-scale datasets
- At least 2+ years of experience mentoring and leading teams
- Fluent in architecting data pipelines using Python and add on tools and technologies
- Extremely proficient in writing performant SQL working with large data volumes
- Experience working with Big-Data technologies viz. MPPs, map-reduce concepts, etc.
- Experience in building automated analytical systems utilizing large data sets
- Experience with architecting systems for AWS as well as deploying/maintaining servers, databases, etc.
- Must possess traits of thriving to work in a fast-paced autonomous environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.