Manager - Talent Acquisition at upGrad
Views:815 Applications:228 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
upGrad - Manager - Legal - Contracts - LLB (5-9 yrs)
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
- upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
About the Role
We are looking for a Legal Manager with a strong foundation in contract law who shall be responsible for contract review, negotiation and management. This role is about actively handling an array of the commercial arrangements, negotiating with the vendors/internal teams, and closing the agreements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and end to end management of standard company contracts with vendors, clients, etc.
- Responsible for negotiating, structuring, and/or administrating contractual documents that establish business relationships with customers, Vendors and/or partners.
- Timely follow-up with Vendors/customers, Consultants and providing the appropriate information as and when needed.
- Communicating and presenting information to stakeholders regarding contracts.
- Monitoring contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension or renewal of contracts
- Working with teams to create effective contract management SOP's for their respective teams
- Law Graduate with minimum 5+ years of experience (In house or law firm).
- Proficiency in MS Word.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision
- Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications
- Superior reading, writing and language skills
- Excellent understanding of the business or industry, its services, customers and providers
- Should be able to work independently and manage large volumes
- Dependability - Ensures that all details of the contracts are compliant