Senior Associate Talent Acquisition at upGrad
Views:833 Applications:160 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
upGrad - Manager - Legal (6-8 yrs)
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc.
upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
1. Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of agreement (domestic and international). Should be able to independently manage agreements end to end.
2. Advise on intellectual property laws. Should be well versed with copyright and patent laws.
3. Interpreting contracts and advising business team on contractual responsibilities
4. Preparing templates for standard agreements
5. Keep a track of changing laws in the education space and identify the applicability of various laws. Advise management on regulatory matters.
6. Drafting policies
7. Creating compliance checklists and auditing relevant teams
8. Liaising with regulators
9. Mentor and coach junior team member
10. Ability to work under pressure and within service level agreements committed.
1. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including consensus building.
2. Knowledge of contract law, intellectual property law, real estate law, employment law, etc.
3. Effective at communicating complex information to stakeholders with a wide array of expertise in an accessible way.
4. Prior experience working in a regulated sector.
5. Excellent persuasive writing skills.
6. Credible and discrete, with a high level of integrity and the ability to work with highly confidential and privileged information.
7. Impeccable written and spoken language skills.
8. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
9. Strategic thinker who can prioritize and integrate short-term and long- term goals.
10. Ability to prioritize and meet multiple and competing deadlines.