Manager - Talent Acquisition at upGrad
Views:2602 Applications:778 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:76
upGrad - Director - Finance - CA (8-15 yrs)
Position - Director - Finance
About Us -
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
- upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Role Summary -
- Working as a strategic business partner to business leaders and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Ensuring effective financial management being responsible to perform all financial tasks and oversight necessary to achieve the organization mission and helping in the execution of growth plans
- Managing the business planning process and partner with the business leader in providing them strategic inputs to align with the overall goals of the organization and bring financial discipline.
- Participated in the fundraising process and managed due diligence as a finance leader.
- Responsible for the taxes and compliances in the organization
- Managing the financial statement preparation in IGAAP for the company, process of internal audit as well as external audit and ensure timely closure of audits. Also, the candidate should have a working knowledge of IND AS as it will be requirement to move to Ind AS from next year.
- Preparing consolidated financials
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met as per Indian regulations and Acts
- Manage the cash flow and prepare monthly cash flow forecasts
- Managed B2C collections, and banking and EMI partnerships and operate a scalable collection process for multi-channel multi-city franchise setup.
Skills Required -
- CA with 8-15 years of industry experience, who has handled customer level transaction reconciliations, and through various payment modes like payment gateways, loans, foreign receipts etc (Preferably worked in FMCG, E-Commerce, Education, OR Service Industry)
- Exposure on International Taxation and accounting (Preferred)
- Good experience in working with Navision, excel, powerpoint, & any Finance Software
- Ability to multi-task, work against deadlines, excel in several areas, sometimes unrelated to each other.
- Ability to pro-actively identify problems and suggest/ask solutions for resolution.
Qualification - CA
Years of Experience - 8-15