India Country Director at Upaya Social Ventures
Views:1236 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:88
Upaya Social Ventures - Senior Analyst/Senior Associate - Investment & Portfolio (2-4 yrs)
Sr Analyst/ Sr Associate- Investment & Portfolio - Upaya Social Ventures
Upaya Social Ventures is seeking a full-time Senior Analyst/ Senior Associate to join its Investment & Portfolio team in India. The position is based in Bangalore.
Upaya invests in companies that create dignified jobs for the poorest of the poor by building scalable businesses. Since 2011, Upaya has supported more than 32 small and growing businesses in India with investments and consulting support. With offices in Seattle, Washington and Bangalore, India, Upaya partners have created over 25,000 jobs.
Upaya seeks a highly detail-oriented, experienced finance professional to identify new investment opportunities aligned with Upaya's mission, conduct due diligence, structure and present new deals to Upaya's Investment Committee, and regularly monitor existing investees to ensure adherence to long-term social and financial milestones. The ideal candidate will be grounded in finance or investment expertise, and also bring a passion for working closely with entrepreneurs and provide hands-on support and strategic guidance as they grow their ventures. The candidate should bring strong analytical capabilities, project management, and relationship management skills to the role.
The position will report to the Director- Investment & Portfolio.
- Identify new investment opportunities, conduct due diligence, and structure deals for consideration by Upaya's Board and Investment Committee
- Work closely with entrepreneurs to determine valuation and negotiate appropriately with all stakeholders to draft term sheets, investment agreements.
- Design key indicators that best capture the financial and social performance of Upaya's portfolio, conduct real-time analysis, and assist with visualization and external reporting when needed
- Review financial statements of portfolio partners and highlight key performance metrics and trends across categories
- Assist the partner companies on follow-on investment rounds and lead the structuring of exits for Upaya when appropriate
Master's Degree preferred: MBA or Masters in Finance, Accounting or any other post-graduate finance degree is preferred but not manadatory. Must demonstrate proficiency in financial statement analysis, financial modelling etc.
Skills & Experience :
- 2-4 years of post-qualification work experience as a finance professional in a consulting/ investment banking/ investment fund/ company
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Competence in MS Office is required with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel; experience with Google Sheets a plus
- Strong client relationship skills, especially with regards to working closely with early-stage entrepreneurs to troubleshoot problems and scale their ventures
- Strong written and verbal communication (fluency required in English and Hindi)
- Comfortable with travel to partner locations especially far-away places like north-eastern states of India and impoverished communities.
- Strong work ethic and steadfast commitment to Upaya's values.
How to apply: Submit a one-page cover letter stating your interest/passion to work for Upaya and how you would be a good fit for the role, along with your Resume. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.