Associate at Unitus Capital
Views:2614 Applications:590 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Unitus Capital - Vice President - Equity - Investment Banking (9-15 yrs)
Unitus Capital was launched in 2008 as an impact-focused investment bank specializing in arranging capital (equity and debt) for companies in sectors including financial services, agriculture, education, health care, renewable energy and women's empowerment. Headquartered in Bangalore and with representation in New York, San Francisco and Sydney, our team of over 30 finance professionals offer a range of investment banking services to facilitate access to venture and growth capital for businesses and to enable investment by investors seeking social, environmental and financial returns.
Some of our key accomplishments include :
- To date, we have successfully raised around USD 3 billion for over 110+ clients in India, Indonesia, China, Philippines, and Australia
- Rated #1 investment bank with respect to deal volume by Venture Intelligence and VCCedge for seven years now
- Setup an impact lending non-bank finance company, UC Inclusive Credit (UCIC)
- We have pioneered many - firsts- transactions for multiple sectors and products. Along with many others, we have helped establish the impact investing sector in India as a global leader.
- Built a strong culture of trust, fun and fairness among employees which has helped us attract and retain an amazing team
More information on Unitus Capital (UC) can be found at www.unituscapital.com.
Position : Vice President, Investment Banking (Equity)
Location : Bangalore preferred, also open to considering Mumbai or Delhi/Gurgaon
Summary : The Vice President position is an integral part of the senior leadership team and this person will work in all facets of our business, including business development, independently leading transactions, and building relationships with investors and other key stakeholders. We want someone who is excited to play a key role in strengthening and growing a great culture and organization.
Primary Responsibilities :
Business Development :
- Ability to market services both to internal partners and external clients, develop client networks, and support efforts in developing and executing strategies for client acquisition.
- Lead investor and client relationships and the ability to develop long-term trusted relationship with them
- Sector coverage : Ability to independently lead sector coverage and garner new business. The candidate will need to develop deep understanding of the sectors we work in and should be the first point of contact for these sectors at UC
- Wide array of transactions : Ability to work on a wide range of assignments/transactions, from initial client pitches through transaction closings, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic advisory services
- Lead and close transactions : Independently lead transaction execution including investor reach out and pitches, negotiation of terms, working with third-party service providers, and advising on and finalizing definitive documents, and closing. Oversee the quality of client deliverables by having a strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinking : Communicate regulatory, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise, and relevant manner
- MBA with major in Finance or Economics/CA (or equivalent degree or CFA), desirable
- Superior deal closing ability and maturity to understand critical deal terms
- Strong financial modeling skills with solid experience in accounting and business valuation techniques
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- 9 - 10 years of experience at an investment bank or private equity advisory firm with solid transaction experience across a range of transaction types
- Demonstrated experience in managing day-to-day aspects of client relationships and transactions with superior attention to detail and quality deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and ability to lead and manage teams, including proper coaching and mentoring
- Experience with or networks with venture capital and private equity ecosystem in India
- Strong understanding of business valuation techniques, including comparable company/transaction analysis and discounted cash flow
- Knowledge of social investment space, desirable
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 50% of the time)
Desired candidates will have the ability to out-perform this job description, thrive in a collegial, dynamic, entrepreneurial and driven culture, and have a passion for making a difference.
These positions are open until filled. UC is an equal-opportunity employer.