Director at Unitus Capital Private Limited
Views:6885 Applications:673 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:616
Unitus Capital - Associate Vice President - Investment Banking/Equity (8-10 yrs)
Unitus Capital was launched in 2008 as an investment bank specializing in arranging capital for companies benefiting those at the bottom of the economic pyramid in sectors including financial services, agriculture, education, health care, renewable energy and women's empowerment. Headquartered in Bangalore and with representation in New York, San Francisco and Sydney, our team of over 25 finance professionals offer a range of investment banking services to facilitate access to venture and growth capital for businesses and to enable investment by investors seeking social, environmental and financial returns. To date, we have successfully raised over $2 billion for over 107 clients in India, Indonesia, China, Philippines and Australia across sectors.
Some of our key accomplishments include:
- Rated #1 investment bank with respect to deal volume by Venture Intelligence (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018) and VCCedge (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018)
- As a general partner with Patamar Capital, we have launched The Livelihood Investment Fund to invest in companies that increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of the working poor across Asia
- Advised on several marquee transactions including the first IPO of an Indian microfinance institution; first buy-side equity investment in the Indian microinsurance sector; first to close multiple non-convertible debenture transactions for Indian social businesses; first to close multiple rated and unrated portfolio sales for Indian microfinance institutions; first to close significant impact investing transactions across multiple countries in Asia (including Australia, China and the Philippines)
More information on Unitus Capital (UC) can be found at www.unituscapital.com.
Summary: The Associate Vice President is an integral member of our team working directly with Vice Presidents and Senior Management in all facets of our business, including origination and execution of transactions, and building relationships with investors and industry experts.
- Work on a wide range of assignments/transactions, from initial client pitches through transaction closings, mergers and acquisitions; and other strategic advisory services.
- Lead transaction execution including investor reachout and pitches, negotiation of terms, working with third-party service providers like lawyers, valuers, due-diligence agencies, etc, advise and finalization of definitive documents, closing,etc
- Communicate regulatory, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist and guide transaction structure
- Ability to market services both to internal partners and external clients, develop client networks, and support efforts in developing and executing strategies for client acquisition
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by having a strong attention to detail
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- Individuals will be assigned a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit
- MBA with major in Finance or Economics (or equivalent degree or CFA), desirable
- Superior financial modeling skills with solid experience in accounting and business valuation techniques
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, and specifically Excel and Powerpoint
- 5-7 years of experience at an investment bank or boutique M&A or private equity advisory firm with solid transaction experience across a range of transaction types
- Demonstrated experience in managing of day-to-day aspects of client relationships and transactions with superior attention to detail and quality deliverables
- Superior research and business/financial analysis skills
- Strong understanding of business valuation techniques, including comparable company/transaction analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Experience with or networks with venture capital and private equity ecosystem in India
- Knowledge of social investment space, desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently coupled with solid team skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 50% of time away from Bangalore)
- A passion for making a difference
Desired candidates will have the ability to out-perform this job description, thrive in a collegial, dynamic, entrepreneurial and driven culture, and have a passion for making a difference.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience align with
Shortlisted candidates will be invited by UC to participate in the interview and selection process, which will include telephonic interviews, a short technical assignment and an in-person interview at the final stage.
These positions are open until filled. UC is an equal-opportunity employer.